Magic Events Absent?
Posted by relentlessgarruk

Hello, 

I'm guessing it's just early, but looking through the event list, and I'm only seeing 2 pauper format events and nothing else. Is the list not complete or does wizards so a dump later or something? Thank you!

Posted by mpagnotta310

Pastimes is always late submitting their events. It’ll be a little while, but they’ll be up eventually.

Posted by relentlessgarruk mpagnotta310

mpagnotta310 wrote:
Pastimes is always late submitting their events. It’ll be a little while, but they’ll be up eventually.
Understood, thank you. 

Posted by helenbb

There's a lot of stuff missing, including The Stink. :(  Hoping that it will be added before Event Registration Day.

Posted by tazpurvis

Usually the magic events aren't posted til a week or 2 after events are officially able to be purchased. Usually the end of May or the start of June. I've seen it as late as mid June in the past. I will be around with commander decks to play even just as pick up games
Mike 

Posted by ja1214

Any idea generally what formats they run, what hours they start and how long they are? Never did MtG at Gen Con before, but taking a group of friends who I used to play MtG with back in high school and looking to maybe do a draft or sealed event.

In the past, I was there for magics 25th anniversary and did sealed and drafts. 

Posted by mpagnotta310 ja1214

ja1214 wrote:
Any idea generally what formats they run, what hours they start and how long they are? Never did MtG at Gen Con before, but taking a group of friends who I used to play MtG with back in high school and looking to maybe do a draft or sealed event.

Pastimes does draft pods on demand among various events. The pods run as often as they can fill them, so you’ll have no problem doing some drafting.

Posted by ja1214

Great, thanks everyone. For planning purposes, any idea how long a draft or sealed event will take? It's been many years since I've done a Magic event. Also, does Pastimes typically do day and evening events or just one or the other?

Posted by mpagnotta310 ja1214

ja1214 wrote:
Great, thanks everyone. For planning purposes, any idea how long a draft or sealed event will take? It's been many years since I've done a Magic event. Also, does Pastimes typically do day and evening events or just one or the other?
Draft pods are single-elimination and are eight people per pod. At most you’ll be playing three matches. You get prize tickets from entering, which you can use to get prizes from their prize wall.

I know they tend to run from when the con opens at 9 AM until about 6 PM.

Posted by audioslave

Drafts fire every time they have 8 people almost 24 hours a day for 3.5 days starting at 8am on Thursday

Well, i will be happy and poor. Do they jusy do standard sets or is it like chaos, old blocks, etc?

Posted by tazpurvis

Pastimes runs multiple format events starting around 9am Thursday til 4pm Sunday. I will be there playing pick up commander games, or in random events through the weekend. Drafts will fire every time they have 8 players signed up, I've drafted at 3am in the past. I will also be attempting to jump into magic 30 qualifiers, as I won magic 15 and attempted to do the same at magic 25 both at Gen con. Events vary as far as duration..... same with random pick up games. Also prepare to be asked about trades hundreds of times.
mike

Posted by kurtreznor

I would really love for Pastimes to get their special events organized earlier (there will usually be a few interesting/cool special events; like Ice Age Block Sealed when Coldsnap came out).  Since I play TD and have kids, my weekend schedule is already set.  If a cool event that I want to play gets scheduled now, it is too late to move anything, either I get lucky and it lines up with my free time or it doesnt.
PASTIMES, schedule your games before tickets go on sale so I can make plans to play in your events!

Posted by lanogironu kurtreznor

kurtreznor wrote:
I would really love for Pastimes to get their special events organized earlier (there will usually be a few interesting/cool special events; like Ice Age Block Sealed when Coldsnap came out).  Since I play TD and have kids, my weekend schedule is already set.  If a cool event that I want to play gets scheduled now, it is too late to move anything, either I get lucky and it lines up with my free time or it doesnt.
PASTIMES, schedule your games before tickets go on sale so I can make plans to play in your events!

They posted an event document last night on facebook at least, which is like 2 months ahead of normal.

Posted by majorspencer

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.