Gen Con Auction - We will not be accepting ICC Carpet Squares
Posted by jerrytel

The Gen Con Auction will not be accepting for sale any Carpet Squares for the live auction, the consignment store, or the charity auction.

Any items submitted to the registration site will be rejected.

We understand that there is a nostalgia related to these items but we do not consider them gaming related for the auction.

Posted by xanathon

Its old carpet.  I don't get why people are paying the ridiculous amount of money people are charging for the carpet squares.

Posted by quarex

So I should only put you down for one square then?  Gotcha. 

Posted by aldctjoc

I'm now picturing some poor guy standing in front of 6 pallets of old carpet, head bowed and with a sad look on his face. 

Posted by hahnarama xanathon

xanathon wrote:
Its old carpet.  I don't get why people are paying the ridiculous amount of money people are charging for the carpet squares.

I work downtown, I just walked over when I saw them replacing it, with gods awful plain grey carpet, and asked the "worker dudes" if they still had any new unused replacement pieces. Sure did. It was free and is currently being framed so I can hang it in my game room.

But I am with you...who in the hell would want to buy some nasty ass piece of used carpet. 

Posted by damiensundae

I might have been willing to buy one for sentimental value if there were some sort of accompanying documentation or floor map showing where in the ICC that specific carpet square had been. But that's probably not a realistic expectation for dudes pulling out carpeting.

Posted by hahnarama

I went for my lunchtime 3 mile walk today over at the ICC and 98% of the floor is still covered in the worn out, dirty but yet still beautiful carpet. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.