% of events that are D&D
Posted by baldaccountant

I was wondering if anyone has tried to figure out what % of all the events are related to D&D or TTRPGs?  I am sure it is a lot lower than when the cons first started.  Would you think board games are a bigger draw now?
If you were some how able to download the event catalog it would be easy to figure out.
I tried doing searches on the event catalog and it shows 18,869 events, for dungeons and dragons it shows 1,289 which is 6.8%  pathfinder shows 375 or 2%  I may not be exactly right, but that's my guess.

Posted by austicke

When Gen Con started, 0% of the events were D&D or TTRPGs because they hadn't been invented yet.

You can download the event catalog here.

Posted by baldaccountant austicke

austicke wrote:
When Gen Con started, 0% of the events were D&D or TTRPGs because they hadn't been invented yet.
You can download the event catalog here.
I actually think I knew that but I forgot.  Thank you for that info

Posted by anthonybarnstable baldaccountant

baldaccountant wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has tried to figure out what % of all the events are related to D&D or TTRPGs?  I am sure it is a lot lower than when the cons first started.  Would you think board games are a bigger draw now?
If you were some how able to download the event catalog it would be easy to figure out.
I tried doing searches on the event catalog and it shows 18,869 events, for dungeons and dragons it shows 1,289 which is 6.8%  pathfinder shows 375 or 2%  I may not be exactly right, but that's my guess.
At the moment, in the event catalog there are 4519 TTRPGs of 18925 events. If you expand your count to include LARP then there are 76 more, and if you include True Dungeon (based on D&D 3.5e) that adds another 589.

Comparatively, there are 7205 board game events and that is the single largest category. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.