Searching for Downtown double room
Posted by animesuperj

Have a group of 4 going to GenCon this year (myself, wife, friend, her bf) and trying to find a double room downtown. Don't have a preference on a specific hotel, just something walkable would be great. If anyone has an extra room or needs to cancel; let me know! I don't mind throwing a few bucks your way as well for the help. Thanks!

Posted by foodiddiedoo

I have an Embassy Suites King room with sofa bed that I'm planning on canceling.  My party is condensing down to 2 rooms from 3.  It's not really a double, but there are two sleeping surfaces.

Posted by animesuperj

I'd be interested in it! Whatever the easiest way to do a room transfer is, just let me know; can get you any info you need. Thanks!

Posted by foodiddiedoo

Ok let me go ahead and cancel the room, and hopefully you can grab it.  I'll do it exactly at 3:10PM to give you a shot to grab it.

Posted by animesuperj

I believe you can just do a room transfer instead of canceling.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

I can make adjustments to the reservation, but I worry that it needs a CC number.  

Posted by animesuperj

CC are usually only required for incidentals and shouldn't need to be required on a reservation. I can also call the hotel and get them to switch it and we can switch it to my CC so your info is off it completely.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

Yep, I'd need, name, address, email, phone number and CC billing information.

Posted by animesuperj

I sent you a message on here, there's a weird issue I have with the hotel block stuff at the moment; willing to call and figure it out with the hotel.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

They do actually require the CC because they pre-charge one night's stay at the Point of No Return in July.  I'm not ok with leaving my CC on there but transferring names, so If you want to email me the info I can update it, otherwise I can just cancel it and you be ready in the portal.

Posted by animesuperj

Long story short, I can't get rooms through the portal as I'm getting my badge through a vendor. If you can swap to my email and info; I'll update it to my CC asap.

Posted by austicke animesuperj

animesuperj wrote:I can't get rooms through the portal as I'm getting my badge through a vendor.

FYI, if you buy a badge now, it'll be refunded when your vendor badge is assigned.

Posted by cinnibar animesuperj

animesuperj wrote:
I sent you a message on here, there's a weird issue I have with the hotel block stuff at the moment; willing to call and figure it out with the hotel.
Until Q-rooms releases the data to the hotels in July, the hotel won't know anything about it.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

Yeah I don't want to have to leave my own CC on there because I'll get charged the one night.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

Anyone know how long it takes for the room to show back up in the system after a cancellation.

Posted by cinnibar

Don't know on that end, but the genconhotels.com refreshes every five seconds so it will go quick once it shows.  There are alarms and everything.

Posted by foodiddiedoo

I would hope that the person looking for the room would have seen it since he was refreshing while i canceled.

Posted by animesuperj

I'm guessing the room is either taking a super long time to come back into the portal, or someone snagged it up extremely quick. No worries, glad it'll be put to use!

In the end -- still looking for a room! :)

Posted by animesuperj

Still looking for something downtown!

Posted by 3rdclass

I have an extra room, I overbooked, Courtyard Marriott Airport - Aug 2-7 - Two (2) Doubles. I'd even lend you my car, if you needed transport. Text me at work, 651-409-9771. It's not downtown, but that may be a tall order.Jeff Riegle, Father/Husband/Gamer/Veteran/Engineer

New Post Sign in to write a new post.