Need a search by time feature
Posted by buffythecatslayer

It would be very helpful if there was a way to search for events by date & time.  I'm looking to fill holes in my schedule, and want to find anything that might be available on say, Sunday morning.  It's a long process to page through all the events for 4 days prior.

Also, it would be helpful to show how many tickets are available on the main result page, instead of having to go into each item.

Posted by aaronr buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
It would be very helpful if there was a way to search for events by date & time.  I'm looking to fill holes in my schedule, and want to find anything that might be available on say, Sunday morning.  It's a long process to page through all the events for 4 days prior.
Also, it would be helpful to show how many tickets are available on the main result page, instead of having to go into each item.
I use gencon.eventdb.us which has the capability you are talking about.

Posted by austicke

That’s already a feature. Just click on the red filter button.

Doh!  I always wondered what that little funnel icon was for. :-)

Posted by mutazoid

oh hahahaha it was driving me crazy too

There was a search by time feature, so don't need that.  :-)

Two other features that would be nice would be a by-location search and a duration search.  I know that not all events have locations yet, but there could have a "Location TBD" option.

I figure all events will have a location by the time the con starts, and I see this as being  most useful at the con itself.  You have some time to kill between other things, and you want to see if there's something close by that fits in the slot.

Another useful feature: An event watchlist.  There are a few events I'm interested in, but are sold out.  It would be nice to add them to a list so I could quickly find them and see if tickets are now available without having to search the full list for each event.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.