Where did the dates/times go?
Posted by dukejohn

What happened to the date/time stamp in the right-hand column of the forums and topic lists? You used to be able to see how long ago someone posted.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

If you hover over the "X hours ago" link, you'll see the exact date/time of a post.

Posted by narzat

Yes, but you used to be able to see how long ago the last post on a topic was on the main forum page instead of clicking through on a particular topic before you could see that info.  I found it useful to know at a glance which forum areas to look at for fresh info and posts.

Posted by dukejohn narzat

narzat wrote:
Yes, but you used to be able to see how long ago the last post on a topic was on the main forum page instead of clicking through on a particular topic before you could see that info.  I found it useful to know at a glance which forum areas to look at for fresh info and posts.

Yes, this.

Oh, I don't remember seeing that, but who knows, the brain isn't working that well these days :-)

I just use the Unread feature to keep up with all the latest posts, so I've never been concerned about the posting dates.

Posted by austicke

Hopefully they bring it back. Annoying.

Posted by brooks

I also used that feature and hope it comes back. 

Posted by roderick

Mie is asking the developers about it, because he and I use the feature a lot. 

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Posted by narzat roderick

roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Thank you!

Posted by dukejohn roderick

roderick wrote:
Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

Yes, thank you! Excellent news. 

Posted by noone

THEY’RE BACK!!!

Posted by mikeboozer

Yes...thanks to the Dev team.

Posted by dukejohn

Glorious - thank you!

Posted by noone

I hope you were thanking the GenCon employees who resolved it and not me.  I’m just a forum user like you.  I posted cause I noticed the dates were back and remembered this thread.

Posted by narzat

Yay, thanks to the devs!

Posted by helenbb

Glad to see those times back!

Posted by lore seeker

Big thank you to the people responsible for bringing this feature back. It's one of those little things that you never think about, but you definitely notice when it's gone.

You guys were actually right.  Having the info there is much nicer.  I just never realized it was gone.  So much for keen observation....

Posted by hotarticlelist

[This post has been removed]

Posted by narzat

Looks like the "time since last post" feature is gone again on the main page?  I hope it can be brought back again, it's my go-to for checking back quickly on the site.  Thanks!

Sign in to write a new post. New Post