Add a link to the forum in the menu bar?
Posted by del_grande

Shouldn't there be a link to the forum in the Gen Con Indy menu bar? I don't think people who are new to the website are going to think to look down to the bottom of the page and click on "Forums" under "Connect" to get here.

Posted by traveller

to be honest, i don't even see it under connect (i have a bookmark)

Posted by helenbb

I agree. I had new 'terms of service' to which I had to agree, and after that it popped me to the front page. I was trying to find the forums link in the menu bar and was unsuccessful. Eventually, I realized that there was a link on the bottom of the page.

I was persistent and knew what I wanted to find. People who are more casual will assume that there are no forums or be put off by the difficulty of finding the link. It needs to be more visible.

Posted by quarex

I think it was kind of intentional, especially with the Discord, to downplay the forums, but clearly now they are needed more than ... not ever, but for a while!  Hah.

Posted by funny-shaped dice del_grande

del_grande wrote:
Shouldn't there be a link to the forum in the Gen Con Indy menu bar? I don't think people who are new to the website are going to think to look down to the bottom of the page and click on "Forums" under "Connect" to get here.

Yes!  I asked for this same thing in the #help-desk channel of Discord about a week ago.

I didn't even see the "Forums" link under "Connect" at the bottom of the site until this comment made me look for it.  Really wish the Discord wasn't going away.  Feels like a real loss for the community. :(

Posted by mikeboozer

Discord is just not very active at this time. It will reopen as we get closer to the show.

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.