Planned features?
Normal
Small
Posted by loon

Is there a list of planned features? I know several people have mentioned avatars, signatures and private messages. I also know that these forums are a work in progress. It would be nice (or at least comforting) to have a list of stuff that the dev team is working on or has in the queue to work on.

Normal
Small
online
Posted by marimaccadmin

Thos are all things that are being worked on, if that helps.

Normal
Small
Posted by loon

It does. I think a list would give people a clearinghouse for stuff. You're working on avatars. Cool. You don't need people asking for it all the time. They could just look at the list. 

Plus, I like lists.

Normal
Small
Posted by penguin001

Because I'm bored, I'm going to rephrase what loon posted:

It would be nice if as a user I had visibility into the board techs prioritized backlog so that I know what features to suggest, and what features not to suggest in order to free up time due to duplication of requests.

Normal
Small
online
Posted by marimaccadmin

Everything that has been suggested in this forums has been passed on to the techs and they will implement what they can in the most efficient manner as soon as they can.  If that helps.  I'm not giving you a list of what we are trying to work on first, second, and third, because they are working on several things at once and something else might get pushed back depending on how things are going.  If I say, PMs are being worked on first, then avatars show up first, there's going to be people complaining that one or the other did, or didn't get priority.

Normal
Small
Posted by braewe

For my two cents, I visit here a LOT less frequently because there is no efficient way to determine what I have and have not looked at already, and there is no way to pm people. So instead of visiting daily, or nearly, it's now about every...two or three weeks. Yes, weeks. It is that irritating to me. At the moment, I FAR preferred the other boards. Like. FAR. Only reason I'm here now is that I was making sure my info is up to date for badge and housing, in fact.

Normal
Small
Posted by penguin001 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Everything that has been suggested in this forums has been passed on to the techs and they will implement what they can in the most efficient manner as soon as they can.  If that helps.  I'm not giving you a list of what we are trying to work on first, second, and third, because they are working on several things at once and something else might get pushed back depending on how things are going.  If I say, PMs are being worked on first, then avatars show up first, there's going to be people complaining that one or the other did, or didn't get priority.

That's fair. :-) Those of us in IT can relate to changing priorities, or an easy small item being deployed before a more valuable, but more complex item.

Like I said, I was bored when I posted my statment.

I'm actually loving the new forums on mobile. Though there are features that don't exist yet, browsing and looking around on my phone is easy enough. :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by hawkeye

One thing I would like to see is putting a forum navigation bar at the bottom. That way I don't have to scroll back to the top of the page to return tothe forum index.

Normal
Small
Posted by glory braewe

braewe wrote:
For my two cents, I visit here a LOT less frequently because there is no efficient way to determine what I have and have not looked at already, and there is no way to pm people. So instead of visiting daily, or nearly, it's now about every...two or three weeks. Yes, weeks. It is that irritating to me. At the moment, I FAR preferred the other boards. Like. FAR. Only reason I'm here now is that I was making sure my info is up to date for badge and housing, in fact.

Yup. 

Normal
Small
Posted by jobeth66 braewe

braewe wrote:
For my two cents, I visit here a LOT less frequently because there is no efficient way to determine what I have and have not looked at already, and there is no way to pm people. So instead of visiting daily, or nearly, it's now about every...two or three weeks. Yes, weeks. It is that irritating to me. At the moment, I FAR preferred the other boards. Like. FAR. Only reason I'm here now is that I was making sure my info is up to date for badge and housing, in fact.
Ditto.

Normal
Small
Posted by nialith

Complete guess but I bet they are waiting to get through badge and hotel registration before adding features. In theory, it would be a little calmer until the May event reg hits. 

Normal
Small
Posted by lanefan

Are the various gaming groups e.g. KFG, Mavens, etc. going to get their own sub-forums back at some point?  Looking forward to some more Wednesday KFG goodness. :)

Normal
Small
Posted by nialith

I would love to have the ability to have .gif's back for the avatars. 

Normal
Small
Posted by brotherbock nialith

nialith wrote:
I would love to have the ability to have .gif's back for the avatars. 

And not being snarky, but I'd also like to have the ability to hide or freeze animated avatars as a user. Some are okay, some are obnoxious, and it'd be cool to shut them down if we wanted to. 

Normal
Small
Posted by nialith brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
nialith wrote:
I would love to have the ability to have .gif's back for the avatars. 

And not being snarky, but I'd also like to have the ability to hide or freeze animated avatars as a user. Some are okay, some are obnoxious, and it'd be cool to shut them down if we wanted to. 

Totallly understandable. Probably just easier to not allow them in the first place. Not many forums do anyway from what I can tell. But I still like mine. :-)

Normal
Small
Posted by brotherbock nialith

nialith wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
nialith wrote:
I would love to have the ability to have .gif's back for the avatars. 

And not being snarky, but I'd also like to have the ability to hide or freeze animated avatars as a user. Some are okay, some are obnoxious, and it'd be cool to shut them down if we wanted to. 

Totallly understandable. Probably just easier to not allow them in the first place. Not many forums do anyway from what I can tell. But I still like mine. :-)

There was a kinda cool animated avatar of a long time GC forum user that featured a little bug running across your screen. Cool, but I still ended up blocking it. Just distracting :) 

But I like them in theory, even if not always in practice. 

Normal
Small
Posted by glory

Any word on when we'll be able to PM people or tag people in posts?

Normal
Small
Posted by roderick

Hi Glory,

It’s being worked on as we speak, and will likely be the next feature we get. I have been told that we should see it very soon.

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator; Gen Con, LLC.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.