UPS Store on Site???
Posted by tarumil

Does anyone know if the UPS Store or some other form of useful on site shipping will be available this year?  The Convention Center Shipping office was insufficient, and No one wants to haul their swag all over town to ship it home. (JW Marriott Fed-ex was the only thing downtown open on Sunday last year)

Posted by maijstral2

They have had a UPS store set up on the long hallway that connects to the stadium for the last few years, I imagine they will do it again this year but it may move since that hallway will see a lot more traffic this year.

Posted by marimaccadmin

I do not believe this is happening this year.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tarumil maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
They have had a UPS store set up on the long hallway that connects to the stadium for the last few years, I imagine they will do it again this year but it may move since that hallway will see a lot more traffic this year.
Last year, the UPS store did not have a booth, which caused me a lot of trouble, especially since it was not announced, and I did not find out about it until arriving at the con.

Posted by trace_sl

There is an UPS Store at 133 W Market St, which is by the other side off the Embassy Suite Hotel, near the State house, a couple of blocks away.

Posted by tarumil trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
There is an UPS Store at 133 W Market St, which is by the other side off the Embassy Suite Hotel, near the State house, a couple of blocks away.
True.  And they are not open on Sundays, which makes them a poor choice for most people who haven't realized they overbought until they are getting ready to pack up and get home.

Posted by brotherbock

I think there is a FedEx store on Monument Circle. Can anyone confirm? It's a print shop, I believe. 

Edit: confirmed. They are not open Sundays, though. 

Posted by david campbell

The JW Marriot has a UPS store on the second floor across from the Starbucks. Might be some others in other hotels; or ask the concierge to ship for you. Hotel Business services can typically be very helpful.

Posted by trace_sl tarumil

tarumil wrote:
trace_sl wrote:
True.  And they are not open on Sundays, which makes them a poor choice for most people who haven't realized they overbought until they are getting ready to pack up and get home.

May want to check with your local Post Office or UPS Store to see if they have a flat rate boxes, that way you can get them ahead of time and use them when needed. 

Posted by maijstral2 marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Awww, I will miss the castle :)

Posted by kaledor

There is a shipping center inside the convention center. I have used it every year. It is across from the VIG room.

Posted by bigfathairyguy

Fedex ship center at 10 S. West st. Indianapolis, IN 46204 inside JW Marriot open Sunday 9am to 6pm. 

http://local.fedex.com/in/indianapolis/office-5527/?cmp=LOC-1001545-3-1-971-1110000-US-US-EN-GPLHOTELSERVICE

Posted by firvulag

Actually if you look up a google map of the whole area you'll see Fed Ex stores near most of the major hotels all around the ICC.  I know there's a center at the Omni.

Now don't wait until Sunday or you may be screwed!!!

Posted by aldctjoc marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Wait... this means there's simply no UPS setup, or no shipping stations in the ICC at all, including others like FedEx? 

Posted by bakermouse10133

Saw a fed ex room in the convention center, sign on the door said it would be open even on sunday. It was near the convention center offices.

Posted by aldctjoc

Good to know. Thanks!

Posted by daveculp

So you know for next year, there are multiple FedEx locations all around downtown.  The FedEx on the 2nd floor of the JW charges an extra fee that makes shipping from them a bit more expensive than some of the others they are at street level.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.