Staying at the airport - Take the Bus?
Posted by rutgerskev

I got a free hotel at Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport.  It's 15 minutes by car to the convention center.  I also have a free rental car.   With concerns about parking, and not knowing what time the lot will close, or how late i'm going to stay (or how many drinks I'm going to have!)   Would it be a good idea to take the bus?

I see Bus #24 gets me to the convention center and picks up generally close to the hotel and the trip takes a little less than an hour. 

Is this a good idea? Or should I just use my rental car and drive there and not worry about it?  

Posted by billiam73

I haven't tried the bus, but I drove in from an outlier hotel last year and had no problems with parking.  You can reserve parking now through parkwhiz.com and the lot I used last year made it easy to pick up my car after our last events at Gen Con (as late as 2:00 am at least)

Posted by rutgerskev

Park wiz shows nearby lots as sold out. 

Posted by tdb

Did you notice how early bus 24 stops running?  The last outbound run starts at 7:32 pm Mon-Fri, and earlier on Saturday..  Also, that it doesn't run at all on Sunday?

I would just drive, or take a cab into town if you're planning to do some drinking.

Posted by rutgerskev

I thought when I looked it was running during the GenCon days.  But now, I see when I searched for the time it was jumping to Monday. 

Ok, bus is out.  

Thanks.  

Posted by brotherbock tdb

tdb wrote:
Did you notice how early bus 24 stops running?  The last outbound run starts at 7:32 pm Mon-Fri, and earlier on Saturday..  Also, that it doesn't run at all on Sunday?
I would just drive, or take a cab into town if you're planning to do some drinking.

Or take a cab just to not hassle with parking. Find someone to share at the same hotel if possible.

Posted by mofwic

Indy's bus service is notoriously bad, you'd be better off reserving a spot with Gate 10 Parking

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.