Stats on # people vs distance
Posted by wormiii

Just a personal curiosity, but I was just wondering if there are stats kept anywhere about the # of attendees vs distance traveled.   

I'm more curious, how many people come to gen con that already live in Indianapolis vs Indiana vs midwest vs USA, etc....

I'd also like to know if there are spikes in these numbers at certain distances, specifically when you get to the distance Germany is from Gen Con (my personal experience says many people come from Germany).  And I just wanted to know if there are any other distances that have any unusual spikes in attendees.

Posted by garhkal

I would love to see a chart of attendees and home state/country they are from..  just to get an idea of how many foreigners we draw in..
And if we could see it compared to prior years, that would be sweet!

Posted by rutherfordr

That depends on how you define "foreigner" -- someone who isn't from the Midwest? ;)

Posted by garhkal

Anyone from out of the USA..

Posted by brotherbock rutherfordr

rutherfordr wrote:
That depends on how you define "foreigner" -- someone who isn't from the Midwest? ;)

Anyone who may have to climb a wall to reach Indy next year. 

Posted by garhkal

In that case, with how many are 'large set', i don't think half the people could climb a wall to get to the con...

Posted by bpunkert

*shrugging* I'm from Canada. Land of the quinzhee. We'll just tunnel. :)
(Nobody ever thinks about DOWN when they're planning defensive features....)

Posted by watchdog bpunkert

bpunkert wrote:

Welcome to the board, El Chapo!  

Posted by brotherbock bpunkert

bpunkert wrote:

With all the frakking going on in the northern Midwest, tunnel integrity may be an issue. 

Posted by trace_sl

Once met a guy from the Navy that came all the way from an radar station in the India Ocean, it was his leave and he was heading back after Gen Con with gaming supplies. 

Posted by trace_sl

Was so interested, I posted a poll on the Face Book page :)

Posted by garhkal trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Once met a guy from the Navy that came all the way from an radar station in the India Ocean, it was his leave and he was heading back after Gen Con with gaming supplies

Sounds like me several years back when i still came while stationed in Guam.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.