Gate Ten Parking
Posted by bardwannabeeric

Today's email from Gen Con talked about their parking partnership with Gate Ten Events and how parking may be bought as an event.  It also posted a link to Gate Ten's website, where parking passes were being sold directly.  I clicked on Gate Ten's website first and bought the pass there.  Is this correct? Can the pass be bought on either site and the total is still being tracked?  If I bought on Gate Ten's site, do I still pick up my pass at Will Call or at lot?

Posted by kidlidar

I didn't recieve any email today

Posted by david campbell

The email was yesterday.

I bought a pass from the Gate Ten website and got a receipt in the mail; but no pass or further instructions. I sent an email asking for more information but no response as of yet. I will probably give them a call.

Posted by mcmark

I would like to know how late the shuttle service will be running. The information here mentions that the the shuttle will run 2 hours before the Convention Center doors open and 2 hours after the Convention Center doors close. Does that mean the Dealer Hall hours? I believe the convention doors are open 24/7 from Thursday to Sunday. 

Posted by david campbell

Interesting... when I bought a five day pass the other day, the transaction was entirely on their website. Today the page has changed and it takes me directly to the Gen Con ticketing site...

Says they open at 11am; going to call then.

Posted by bushmaster

Can you find out what a 5-day pass means?  Would it include Wednesday?

Posted by bardwannabeeric

I emailed Gate Ten yesterday, but have not heard back.  They had the 4 day pass running 3-7 so I asked for clarification on that as well.  It would be nice if Gen Con responded to this thread.

Posted by bushmaster bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
Can you find out what a 5-day pass means?  Would it include Wednesday?
To let everyone know, I went ahead and purchased the ticket because it was such a great value.

In the confirmation email, this is what it states:

Use this ticket to claim a five-day parking pass, usable Wednesday to Sunday, or Thursday to Monday.

Posted by mofwic mcmark

mcmark wrote:
I would like to know how late the shuttle service will be running. The information here mentions that the the shuttle will run 2 hours before the Convention Center doors open and 2 hours after the Convention Center doors close. Does that mean the Dealer Hall hours? I believe the convention doors are open 24/7 from Thursday to Sunday. 
For PopCon the times were for the dealer hall. That being said, the shuttle driver is willing to stay on as late as needed, and was available after 11pm. Just remember to tip him, and he'll remember you.

Posted by monkeyknifefight

Originally I saw something listing 7-10. It changed to 2 hours before and after so I don't know what that means. It is a fairly quick walk at least. I don't plan on using the shuttle unless it is right there and has room when I am leaving.

Posted by alans

If you go to their Facebook and message them, they are quick to respond.
I'm going to be there Wed-Mon; they said I can pay the extra day's parking at the lot, when I present my purchased ticket.
Also, they said the shuttle will take you anywhere in downtown, not just to the ICC, which is what I had expected.

Posted by arcus

Does anyone know what they mean by "enter and exit privileges"? I've sent a couple of emails and haven't gotten a response. I'm hoping this means that I have access to my car whenever I want and can take it out and bring it back whenever I please, but would like to be sure.  Probably going to have to call them.

Posted by cptmusket

That's what is usually meant by Enter and Exit privileges.  You don't have to buy a new parking pass each time you leave, like when you park at the mall or parking garage and use a ticketed system.

Posted by arcus cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
That's what is usually meant by Enter and Exit privileges.  You don't have to buy a new parking pass each time you leave, like when you park at the mall or parking garage and use a ticketed system.

Thank you! I thought that's what it meant, but I didn't want to assume anything.

Posted by chilepepper

I just had a conversation via Facebook Messenger with them. Here's the info I got addressing my concerns. 

If it takes more than an hour to shuttle to ICC, get through Will Call, and shuttle back to swap the event ticket for the parking pass; that's not a problem.  "As long as it's within a reasonable time you will be okay."
The shuttle runs all day and all night sometimes. If there are cars on their lot, someone will be available to drive the shuttle. There will be a number to call (not sure if they meant their main phone number) if you want a shuttle back to the lot late at night and they've stopped their regular runs. 
And they are quite insistent that they are "very accommodating."

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.