Will Call hours of operation
Posted by toxic_rat

Hello all, 

What hours will the Will Call be open?  Is it available Wednesday night?  I thought I saw somewhere it was open 24 hours, but I can't find that reference.

Thanks!

Posted by maijstral2

open at 12 noon on Wednesday and closes on Sunday at 3pm.

http://www.gencon.com/attend/registration

Posted by toxic_rat

Thanks!

Posted by dhilburg

On Wednesday, what is the best time to go to will call?  I remember waiting 30+ minutes last year.

Posted by marimaccadmin

The line never took more than 20-30 minutes to process last year, however, that's once it started at noon; I know some people did line up several hours in advance, though that wasn't necessary.  A lot of people are eager to get their badge first thing, and I get that, but it's not going to be really bad any time after that.  Now, if you CAN go later in the evening, that's probably going to be the least amount of time you'll have to wait.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by maijstral2 dhilburg

dhilburg wrote:
On Wednesday, what is the best time to go to will call?  I remember waiting 30+ minutes last year.
I usually roll into Indy about 5-6 Wednesday evening and after check in and such go over to pick up my stuff maybe 6-6:30. Last year I ended up waaaaaay down at the end of the long Wabash? corridor near the entrance next to the baseball stadium what looked like a hopelessly long line. Still took only about 25-30 minutes.

Posted by lanefan

Seconded: while the lineup on Wednesday might look scary it moves pretty fast, last year took me maybe 20 minutes after joining the line about 1:30 p.m.

And 20-30 minutes is a breeze compared to the sometimes-hours it took in years past - they've put a lot of work into streamlining the process, and it shows.

Posted by tdb

Thirded: The last two years the Will Call line has been the fastest-moving queue I have ever seen.  Last year we started out past the Maryland Street food court and had our badges in 22 minutes. 

Big kudos to the GC staff and volunteers for their hard work on that!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.