Exhibit Hall Opening
Posted by monkeyknifefight

I was wondering if anyone knew if the exhibit hall doors along the capital hallway open at the same time as the ones along the hoosier hallway on Thursday at 10AM. The last time I attended I didn't realize they were there until the convention was mostly over. This year there is a booth I want to get to closer to capital so I was wondering if they opened at the same time or are delayed to mitigate lines and stampedes.

Posted by bith

Generally there is some delay on Thursday, and everyone is funneled through the same two sets of doors for the first 15(?) minutes.

Unless there is a prized object you want, I generally would recommend just showing up about 10 minutes late.  Then, everyone will be inside and it's a breeze.

Posted by trace_sl

There is a delay, not long but the count down and such are along the hallway and that causes the delay.  I just like to watch the stampede and then slide in. 

Posted by monkeyknifefight

There is something I want to rush to get. Thanks for the info. I had a feeling there was a delay, but wanted to confirm. Last time we arrived 10 minutes till in 2013 and the hall opened a few minutes early and it wasn't that bad moving through the crowd. That was 15-20k guests ago though so I am curious how this goes.

Posted by bith

If there is something you want to get, get there 30 minutes before it opens and you shouldn't have any trouble getting to the front of the crowd.  once it gets closer than 30 it starts to get packed, and you start having to try and elbow your way to the front, which gets you glares and accusations of "cutting in line".

Posted by monkeyknifefight bith

saburch wrote:
If there is something you want to get, get there 30 minutes before it opens and you shouldn't have any trouble getting to the front of the crowd.  once it gets closer than 30 it starts to get packed, and you start having to try and elbow your way to the front, which gets you glares and accusations of "cutting in line".
Good to know. I was hoping 30 minutes would do it.

Posted by alans bith

saburch wrote:
"accusations of " ?? :)

Posted by braewe

Heh that was my thought too. Sure sounds like it to me! Easier and better to just get there earlier. Or if there is something you really want, you really really want, see if a VIG can get it for you.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.