Will Call question
Posted by toddygee

I'm attending this year with my 16 year old nephew.  Though I bought his badge under my ID, I believe it will be under his name when we go to Will Call.

He doesn't drive and therefore doesn't have a government issued ID - but he does have his school photo id.

Will this be sufficient identification for him to get his badge?

We don't have the same last name, so it could be complicated as a result.

Posted by marimaccadmin

That should probably be fine.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by alans

At what age do they need an ID for minors?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Well, I think definitely, if someone is 18, they aren't a minor and need ID.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nikki

I've got to be honest, I had real trouble with this last year and my kids were younger (10 and 12) and we do have the last name.  We had to wait about 30 minutes to get a supervisor to allow us to get the boys' badges.  Several times during the wait it seemed like we weren't going to be allowed to get their badges.  I hope you don't run into the same problem.

Posted by alans

I'm talking about teenagers..under 18...they don't necessarily have ID... :)

Posted by rodoubleb

In recent Gencons my teenage son has been asked for ID at badge pick up,  and his middle or high  school ID was accepted.    I don't believe my younger than teenage son was ever asked to show one, but I believe he was always young enough for a  free entry wristband.

In Indiana minors can still get a state ID at the BMV.  I'd assume that is true in most states.

Posted by britbrit

I've picked up badges for various people and never really had an issue. I usually provided the print out of the transactions though to prove I purchased all of them. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.