Gen Con Auction Pre-Regsitration Required
Posted by genconauction

Auction Sellers!
Don't forget to pre-register your items this year.  The deadline is July 31st.
We no longer have any onsite data entry, so all items must be pre-registered by the deadline.

Have an item you are still trying to decide whether you want to sell?  Go ahead and pre-reg it just in case.  

If you have any questions about pre-registration or the auction in general just let me know!
[email protected]

Posted by oldman

Hi,

I have a question. If I enter a Live Auction item and select "Allow Store." What price is set when it goes to the Store? The reserve? (I had thought in years past, items in the Live Auction could also have the 3 day Consignment prices?)

Thanks in advance,
Old Man

Posted by jerrytel

A store tag would have prices for each of three days to change if you like. 

An auction tag does not - so be sure to either set your reserve or the minimum bid to the price you would like to sell for in the store if it passes through the stage as a no sale.

Posted by oldman jerrytel

jerrytel wrote:
A store tag would have prices for each of three days to change if you like. 
An auction tag does not - so be sure to either set your reserve or the minimum bid to the price you would like to sell for in the store if it passes through the stage as a no sale.

Interesting dilemma ... Set a reserve and go to the store, or no reserve and bring it home. Well the only thing you don't have is the scaling prices so do you set your reserve at the top or bottom ... :)

Thanks.

Posted by jerrytel

Auctioneers should start the bidding at your minimum bid and only reveal the reserve if bidding stops ahead of the reserve price.

Posted by genconauction

Correction, we no longer have a separate minimum bid and separate reserve.  There is one price set by the seller - this is the Reserve.  Auctioneers often use this figure as a starting bid, but not always.  Sometimes an auctioneer will choose a lower price as a starting bid to generate more action on an item, but the item will not be sold for less than the Reserve price set by the seller.

Live Auction items have one reserve price.  It will have an opportunity to be sold by an auctioneer on stage.  If it does not sell (and you selected the option to allow it to go to the store) then it would be transferred to the store and will be available at that same reserve price.  (The price stays the same regardless of day.)

Items that start out in the store, also have a Reserve (or minimum bid) price, but sellers can choose a different price point for each day if they would like to.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.