Unofficial app available
Posted by vectorlit

The Unofficial Gen Con app is now available for both Android and iPhone, just search for it in the app store or play store for either device. It lets you search events, save them straight to your calendar, view maps - all without an internet connection! If/when you are able to get internet, it syncs back up and downloads any updates.

Should help out at the con where phones don't always work.

Posted by beldar1215

I can't seem to find any apps for Gen Con. What should I be searching for. I put Gen Con and Gen Con 2016.

Posted by austicke beldar1215

beldar1215 wrote:I can't seem to find any apps for Gen Con. What should I be searching for. I put Gen Con and Gen Con 2016.

Came right up on my iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1135623179

Posted by turbostar

I searched for GENCON on google play.  No problem. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by austicke

I don't use Google Play, but seems to be easy to find there too: link.

Posted by vectorlit

Thanks everyone for the replies! austicke was correct in both his links -

Android Google Play link is here
iOS/iPhone App Store link is here

Posted by vectorlit

btw, austicke - I always enjoyed seeing the Gen Con albums on your website. Any chance you're going to pick that up again this year? I do understand the time commitment there; thanks for sharing in years past :D

Posted by austicke vectorlit

puargs wrote:btw, austicke - I always enjoyed seeing the Gen Con albums on your website. Any chance you're going to pick that up again this year?

Aw, thanks. I haven't been taking as many photos lately as I have in years past, but I do still upload some to Facebook.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I really like the app a lot! There are a couple changes I would like to see though:

1) When entering in an event ID, you get redirected to a list by title instead of by event ID which makes going scrolling through the list of events with the same title a bit difficult to navigate if you are not ready for it. It works fine for events where there is only one of that title available.

2) Would like to see you link the individual maps to the event when you pull them up in the app. For example, the event "Gamers Live! is located at ICC : 500 Bllrm/Recep, it would be nice to be able to pull up the ICC map via a link in the app itself.

Overall, I think the app is outstanding! 

Posted by vectorlit

Aaron, those are both fantastic ideas! They will be on the shortlist for development. This year I can't get any more updates in because of a time crunch on my end, but look for them next year definitely :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.