Just looked at Weather.com and Weather Underground. Both sites currently rate the chances for rain as better than half for 3 of the 4 days. :(
On the other hand, I've seen these forecasts change within days to absolutely clear. So it may not be set in stone yet. Regardless, I'm taking along a good umbrella.
Hmm, might be spending more on cab fare this year...
It's also forecast to be hot - I think I saw 90 for Thursday and Friday. That's likely to mean heat indices in excess of 100 due to the humidity.
So be aware, stay hydrated, and watch out for your friends too. That goes for all of us, but doubly so for folks in costume.
Duly noted, and umbrella packed. :)
Maybe selfish; but rain might make for shorter food truck lines for those of us with umbrellas...:)
Thank goodness for hamster tubes! (except that last block between the Hampton and the Mall....)
God bless umbrellas!
Hey, already the forecast is changing. Both Weather.com and "Wunderground" have Thursday and Saturday at 40 & 20 percent respectively. NOAA's site has Thursday at 20% and Friday at 40%. So rain is still being predicted all around, but the chances are trending down.
Poncho are a good thing to pack, they cover your backpack, leave your hands free, better in wind and can be purchased in multi-packs.
Now that's nice! Weather and Wunderground are both giving Thursday a mere 10% chance of precip. Friday is still 60% on both sites. NOAA gives Thursday a 30% chance of rain during the day, only 10% at night. Maybe Friday will be the only wet day!
Drawback: Thursday morning humidity will be high - Wunderground puts it at well over 80% before 8am, although it does drop considerably in the afternoon.
Friday... well, bleh. Even when it's not raining, it's going to feel outright wet, with humidity levels somewhere around 60+% to 70+%. Rain will be present in the morning, but it's at 3pm where it rockets up to a 58% chance.
Yeah, there are predictions for Saturday and Sunday, but this far out I'm not inclined to trust them yet. Heck, I'm still not convinced the Thursday forecasts are firmed up. We'll see what gets said tomorrow. Anyway, anyone can see the major weather sites themselves and keep up. I'm just hoping we'll get enough clear weather to wander around to places outside the ICC. Indianapolis has some good restaurants, and I always take the opportunity to do food tourism when I'm on the road.
YAY! All three of the sites I check put Thursday's rain chances at 20%. If their hourly forecasts are accurate (seriously, can meteorologists get that precise?), then we're looking at very low odds of rain for the times people would be out and about.
Better yet, they've also lowered their estimates of Friday's rain probability. Right now, if it's all accurate then we're looking at good, albeit humid weather for the con!
Yes, yes yes yes yes!... :D