Countdown to Gen Con - 2 Days?
Posted by citantim

Does it bother anyone else that the countdown clock shows 2 days on Sunday morning?  I'm not sure how they are counting (which brings back memories of a school-wide argument about how to count how many days there were until Christmas), but what date do you think they're considering the start?  I mean, I could see Wednesday, but would expect Thursday, since it says 4-7th right above it.  Okay it doesn't really bother me, and I'm just super excited and can't seem to talk about anything except Gen Con (much to the chagrin of co-workers, family, and probably my boss, lol).

Posted by austicke

I thought it was nice of them to count down to when I arrive in Indy.

Posted by nikki

There are official events on Wednesday so I think that's what they're aiming for with the countdown.

Posted by aaronmlopez

I thought the countdown was the number of days until my wife and boss are ready for me to go... Which looks to be pretty accurate actually.

Posted by citantim

Are those two the same person?  0:-)

Posted by ubermx austicke

austicke wrote:
I thought it was nice of them to count down to when I arrive in Indy.
*gives slow clap*
nicely done

Posted by jmiller1138

A short look into the source of the site reveals the start date as Wednesday, probably at midnight.  So as of this post, 2 days and some amount of hours less than 24, and then rounding those hours off to make 2 days.

Posted by brion jmiller1138

jmiller1138 wrote:
A short look into the source of the site reveals the start date as Wednesday, probably at midnight.  So as of this post, 2 days and some amount of hours less than 24, and then rounding those hours off to make 2 days.
I just assume it's exclusive counting, meaning it's not going to count the current day in the timer.

Posted by trace_sl

I was thinking time Will Call opens :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.