Question about what to do upon arrival.
Posted by dasbeerd

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have not been to GenCon since 2009 and i have a pretty terrible memory :) My group is all registered, we got our badges and event tickets in the mail, what do we do when we arrive at the con on Wednesday? When/where do we get swag bag and the sweet ass books, what is there to do that isnt super exhausting on Wednesday, we have a 12+ hour drive. Again this may be a very dumb question that has already been answered...

Posted by octaviancmb

Make your way to the Wabash East concourse. This hallway is where the will call, event registration, and customer service areas are located, and where you can generally pick up your swag bag on Wednesday afternoon.

What to do? There's some events in Union Station. There's also several bars/restaurants that cater to GenCon in downtown. And you can likely find many pickup games at either Union Station or your hotel.

After a 12-hour drive, all I'd want to do is sleep, though, so I could enjoy the convention on Thursday.

But I'm an old man!

Posted by soulcatcher78

Georgia Street has the Sun King event (beer tapping, etc.) and there's the STINK at Union Station. 

The ICC is likely to be uninhabitable (if it's like last year and the air isn't cranked up to 11 since it's "set up day") so finding a place to relax in the AC will be key.  Beer optional but recommended :)

Posted by alans

No rush on getting your swag bag, it's usually zero wait time, but I don't know if it's open 24-hrs like Will Call.

Posted by trace_sl

Walk the halls and find out where everything is, a lot has changed over the years, pick out land marks and meeting places. 

See some of the sites of Indy. 

Beer Garden Wednesday evening. 

Posted by britbrit

Have beer tapping party on Georgia street, the Stink, there are events that happen on Wednesday. Also there is a Arcade bar downtown also, retro arcade games that are free to play. 

Posted by jackryan

Reconnoiter all your event locations, post up in a saloon or other location and relax.

Posted by garhkal trace_sl

trace_sl wrote:
Walk the halls and find out where everything is, a lot has changed over the years, pick out land marks and meeting places. 
See some of the sites of Indy. 
Beer Garden Wednesday evening. 

This.  Once you pick up/drop off all your stuff at the hotel you are staying in, then acquire your badge/tickets, take an hour or so, to just walk the con center..  Learn where all the rooms are for your events..  Gauge how long it might take you to move from one place to the other, just in case you have say one event in Rodeo room 1, and then another 15 min later in Coyote room 3, you know how long its going to be to get from one to the other...  (PS those names are made up)..

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.