No Crystal Caste die this year?
Posted by blackjac

I'm looking through the coupon book, counted all the pages to make sure they are there. I did not see a coupon for a Crystal Caste die this year like previous years. Can anyone confirm they aren't doing the free die this year? I hope they are and it just didn't get into the book in time.

Posted by garhkal

Maybe they chose not to this year.. 

Posted by octaviancmb

I don't see one from Crystal Castle, but Zodiac Empires (booth 2957, page 47) is offering a 2016 Gen Con D6 with a purchase of their setting and guide...

So...yeah, not so great. But I'm still dropping by the Crystal Castle booth to see if they have them and they're just not in the coupon book this year!

Posted by austicke

No free D6? Or just no coupon for the free D6? Or can you buy the D6?

I see in the program book that the full Gen Con tin of dice is still for sale.

Posted by djperdue

Is CC at least selling the gencon sets this year?

Posted by austicke djperdue

djperdue wrote:Is CC at least selling the gencon sets this year?

Yes. And there is a free D6. They're accepting the coupon book cover as the coupon.

Posted by aldctjoc

I know this is after the fact, but I was at their booth and overheard the dealer tell a customer something like 'we somehow got left out this year' (paraphrase, not direct quote). They ended up taking the covers of the coupon booklet for free dice. I don't know if that meant the printer missed them, Gen Con didn't include them, or that they left themselves out by missing a deadline or something like that, but they did give out some dice. 

Edit: Whoops, should've read the post above this one before posting. :)

Posted by rodoubleb

They were accepting the front cover for the free die.  I got lucky, as someone heard me talking to myself while flipping through the book, and were kind enough to inform me.  

edit: should have read the 2 posts above me

Posted by maijstral2

I couldn't believe they weren't doing the commemorative dice set so I went to the booth and asked and was quickly pointed to the tins. The d6,as other said above, were given if you gave them the front cover of the book but I am pretty sure later in the con I saw them just giving them away to anyone who purchased a set but I wasn't paying close attention so I could be wrong.

Posted by ninthsphere

Does anyone know how long they have been doing the Gen Con dice??  I have back until 2006. Was there any before that?

Posted by donaldbain

My first con and first die is 2005.

Posted by austicke

2005 is the oldest one I have, but I've attended longer.

I seem to be missing a 2006 though. If anyone has an extra one, I'd be happy to trade for another year in which I have multiples (like 2005).

Posted by kharavex

Sorry, all I have is one of that year. Although one was up on Ebay for 4.99 plus shipping.

Posted by ladyimm

I know they weren't giving them away without it because I wanted to buy the dice set but would have had to pay $2.00 extra for the 6-sider since I had forgotten my coupon book at the hotel...

I went back the next day, with coupon book, got both...

Posted by sirnot

Posted by ladyimm 14 hours ago
 #14I know they weren't giving them away without it because I wanted to buy the dice set but would have had to pay $2.00 extra for the 6-sider since I had forgotten my coupon book at the hotel...I went back the next day, with coupon book, got both...

Or you could have just gone to the front and grabbed another coupon book.

Posted by brotherbock sirnot

sirnot wrote:
 Posted by ladyimm 14 hours ago
 #14I know they weren't giving them away without it because I wanted to buy the dice set but would have had to pay $2.00 extra for the 6-sider since I had forgotten my coupon book at the hotel...I went back the next day, with coupon book, got both...

Or you could have just gone to the front and grabbed another coupon book.

Depending on the time of day, leaving the hall to get anywhere is as time consuming as leaving to go anywhere else. If you've got a game to reach, the front counter is not effectively closer. Just saying. 

And then you maybe run the risk of that guy complaining about swag bags also complaining that they ran out of coupon books because people took more than one :) 

Posted by ninthsphere austicke

"2005 is the oldest one I have, but I've attended longer.I seem to be missing a 2006 though. If anyone has an extra one, I'd be happy to trade for another year in which I have multiples (like 2005)."

Well....don't have any to trade, but if you're interested in selling a 2005, let me know. :)

Posted by austicke ninthsphere

ninthsphere wrote:Well....don't have any to trade, but if you're interested in selling a 2005, let me know. :)

I'd give it to you, but I guess I'll see if I need it to trade first. If not, it's yours. :)

Posted by nascragman

I buy the set for my niece as a Christmas present every year she can't make the convention.  I was so upset when it wasn't in the coupon book this year.  But of course it all turned out ok

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.