Got my badge!
Posted by truelink

Let the fever begin! I've got my badge ordered, do you have yours?

EDIT: 12:02 PM EST

Posted by ginamarie72

Yep, purchased by 12:01!

Posted by brion

12:07! Sunday, my friends and I will be huddled around our laptops hoping for a good spot in line for hotels.

Posted by trace_sl

12:05 now for the hotel, fingers crossed

Posted by stevespikes

12:07 -- Bought my badge.  Now the real fun begins on Sunday 12:00 noon sharp.

Posted by garhkal

Got mine..  THough i could have sworn last years badges were cheaper??

Posted by klaron garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Got mine..  THough i could have sworn last years badges were cheaper??
They were, $80 + shipping and taxes and fees.  This year my badge is $109 shipped, it is getting to the point where I have to really question the worth of going to Indy....and I've been attending since 1989!

Posted by marimaccadmin

They were $80 last year, they are $90 this year, so they increased $10.

Posted by garhkal

SO what was GC's logic for that?  I can somewhat understand the jacking we get from the hotels raising their rates YET AGAIN, but why the convention itself?

Luckily for me, cost is not as much of an issue, since i do eventually get it comp'ed since i hit the required Hrs for gming duties..

Posted by nscott

Just for a comparison, a national professional organization I am affiliated with was in Indy for a convention a few years ago, renting pretty much all the same space GenCon does. Cost to attend convention...more than $500.00. Gencon at $90.00 is still a bargain. Indy loves GenCon, but they don't give the space away, they still have to pay the bills on the convention center and there have been utility price increases to both water and power recently due to severe needs to improve infrastructure for both.

Posted by kjelstad

They keep raising the rates every year and attendance goes up every year.

Think how much it would go up if they didn't raise the price.

Now think about how awful that would be.

Posted by ephraim

Has anyone received their badge in the mail yet? Im leaving for a week and was curious how fast the priority mail shipping actually was.

Posted by hawkeye

The don't start shipping until after event registration. Everything comes at once.

Posted by ephraim hawkeye

hawkeye wrote:
The don't start shipping until after event registration. Everything comes at once.
Thanks for the info. My first Gencon so I wasnt sure what to expect.

Posted by hawkeye

Not sure of the exact dates they start printing the badges and tickets, but It's not for a few months.

Posted by rbernd

Badges and event tickets will start shipping after Pre-Registration ends, June 19th. You should also receive a confirmation and tracking information once your items are shipped.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.