True Dungeon Rod of Seven Parts
Posted by dasbeerd

Hello there fellow gamers, at Gen Con 2009 I was lucky enough to grab the Rod of Seven Parts segment #2 from the loot box at the end of the True Dungeon, Im wondering if it is worth selling and how the vendors work there. I have not been to Gen Con since 2009 so I dont know what its like for people to sell the tokens. Any help would be great, thanks everyone!  

Posted by marimaccadmin

Well, there usually are a few vendors at the con that buy treasure tokens.  Honestly, you're welcome to discuss the topic here, but the people that might be able to answer the specifics of your question, such as how much it's worth, would be over at the forums at www.truedungeon.com.

Posted by mhayward1978 dasbeerd

dasbeerd wrote:
Hello there fellow gamers, at Gen Con 2009 I was lucky enough to grab the Rod of Seven Parts segment #2 from the loot box at the end of the True Dungeon, Im wondering if it is worth selling and how the vendors work there. I have not been to Gen Con since 2009 so I dont know what its like for people to sell the tokens. Any help would be great, thanks everyone!  

Wow!  You can get a lot of good advice on the forums at www.truedungeon.com, which I recommend you register for.

I have some heartbreaking news for you - perhaps you should sit down... At least you should be able to dine out free for this story with some TD folks with your story of loss...

This token was trading hands in the $750-$1,000 range within the last 2 years, due to its being one of the two very hard to find ingredients (the other being Rod of Seven Parts Segment #1) for the completed Rod of Seven Parts transmutable item http://tokendb.com/token/rod-of-seven-parts/

HOWEVER - the last day to transmute the complete Rod of Seven Parts was December 1st, 2015.

As a result, your remaining Segment #2 may be of some peripheral interest to collectors, or people who want a slotless +1 reflex save for their character, but I would be very surprised if it sold for over $99 now, and maybe considerably less.

There have been some attempts at forgery on such high value tokens, so I would suggest you seek a buyer in the True Dungeon forums if you are looking to unload or trade it, where you can put some context into your history with the token - if you put such a token up on eBay without a history of dealing in TD tokens my guess is it will look fishy to most potential buyers.

With regard to token buying and selling:

1. There is a year round interest in this which occurs primarily in the True Dungeon forums and on eBay, although interest does peak in the months leading up to, and just after, GenCon.
  2. There is no token buying or selling between individuals on True Dungeon premises at GenCon (it would be a violation of GenCon policy for cash to exchange hands outside of proscribed exhibitor and other specially permitted situations), but you could arrange in the forums to meet someone off site and complete a transaction.
  3. There are token traders who will happily swap tokens with you in the True Dungeon "Storyscape" area (which has free admission).

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.