Will the quiet room be back this year?
Posted by tdb

Last year there was a "quiet room" in the ICC, up on the second floor across from the dealer hall, where you could go to catch a nap or decompress between events.  It was a wonderful idea, and my wife and I really appreciated having it.

Will it be back this year?

Posted by bith

Wasn't napping expressly *not* allowed?

Posted by marimaccadmin

It's discouraged to nap in there, but it is good to decompress.  The room will be back, and moved slightly, to room 211.

Posted by tdb marimaccadmin

saburch wrote:
Wasn't napping expressly *not* allowed?

It may have been.  When I was in there it seemed that about half of the people were reclining on the floor with their eyes closed, but perhaps they were just resting their eyes, or meditating, or something.  I didn't check too closely.  I didn't hear anyone snoring, at least.  Nobody seemed to stay terribly long, so the spirit of the law seemed to be being obeyed, if not the letter.
marimaccadmin wrote:
It's discouraged to nap in there, but it is good to decompress.  The room will be back, and moved slightly, to room 211.

I'm glad to hear it will be back.  Thanks!

Posted by microwench

Great to know! Thanks for sharing the info marimaccadmin!  As someone with a shiny new migraine diagnosis, I will definitely be keeping this in mind in case I need a little escape from the hustle and bustle.

Posted by onelittlemoment

As a lady who will be 5 months pregnant, thank you for having this as an option!

Posted by mrandall88

As a disabled Vet, this was a fantastic option last year, I tire easily and there is never seats anywhere for me to rest, this room always had chairs to sit on. So glad it will be back this year.

Posted by ladyimm

I never knew there was a quiet room! I shall partake this year.  Sometimes I need to get away from the noise. :D

Posted by lilyjade

I'm going to make sure I know where this is this year. I could have really used it last year since I have anxiety issues. Ended up having to go home super early Thursday due to it being too much. If I had known about this then I could have maybe decompressed a bit there and been able to keep going.

Posted by sherilyn

Napping is not permitted. However as a monitor i wasn't going to check everyone's level of alertness. If you were sprawled out drooling on the floor or snoring i would have said something. But otherwise I'll assume you're just resting your eyes and meditating.  

Posted by divachelle mrandall88

mrandall88 wrote:
As a disabled Vet, this was a fantastic option last year, I tire easily and there is never seats anywhere for me to rest, this room always had chairs to sit on. So glad it will be back this year.

There are benches available on the 2nd floor by the Rio Grande rooms that always seem to be available. It's often much less crowded there than on the 1st floor and is accessible by elevator or escalator. 

Posted by arriannarere lilyjade

lilyjade wrote:
I'm going to make sure I know where this is this year. I could have really used it last year since I have anxiety issues. Ended up having to go home super early Thursday due to it being too much. If I had known about this then I could have maybe decompressed a bit there and been able to keep going.
I also have anxiety and it was nice having a place to recharge in between events! I'm glad it's back this year.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.