I missed out one 2 events - any way to still get in?
Posted by outofhabit

There are no tickets left for a Firefly RPG or for any True Dungeon sessions.

Will there be any way to still get in (for 2 of us)?
Or is there a process of stating you hope for someone to post a new event for a certain game?

Thanks!
Jamie (first year buying event tickets in advance)

Posted by derekguder

If you get some generics and show up onsite, there's a reasonable chance someone may not show up and you can squeeze into their vacated spot.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by armadilloal

True Dungeon has their own forums (truedungeon.com/forum).  If you post that you're looking for tickets in the "Adventuring Groups Form Here" forum, you might have some luck.

Posted by boc_mage

I usually do 1-2 walk up runs a year just by hanging around with generics. Watch the TD forums. Most of us trying to see who else in runs, but others have posted openings where they have extra tickets. I know my run's are full but a lot can happen between now and con so keep an eye out on the forums and system.

Posted by gamerlaura

People might release events to the system as well.  Keep the events on your wish list and run it through periodically.

Posted by outofhabit

How do I add sold out events to my wish list? I only see the option to "get tickets" but can't use that after selecting it because 0 tickets are available. 

Posted by rbree

You would have had to selected it before it sold out./  i think there was an assumption they were already in your wish list before they sold out.

Posted by outofhabit

Nope. This is the first year I'm buying tickets for any events ahead of time. I just had a mental Wishlist for what I wanted to attend.
Oh well. I'll learn for next time. 

The one part of my question hat wasn't addressed yet: is there a "suggest an event" area or something where you can try to get people to create a new event?

Posted by boc_mage

It's con, you only have a bad time if you're determined to make it that way. Best friend of mine calls con the blend of Zen, plan and don't. Plan a few things for structure and then make/find your own direction during the off times. Always too much going on that nobody can 'see' all of con doing 4/5 days. Browse catalog and then keep eye on specific events but don't stress if you don't get them. Aside from some very hyped events it's usually not a major deal if you miss out on event day.

Posted by outofhabit

Yeah, I know, box. However, we really would love a session of the Firefly RPG because our local group dissolved. We will have fun without it, but would really enjoy that. 

Posted by boc_mage

Do you own a copy/needed books? Groups on here and on various FB groups offer meetups for open gaming. Search or offer to start up a session. There is listed open gaming space around the convention center and various hotels/restaurants. 

Posted by outofhabit

We have the book and dice. But don't know how to GM. I will try to find a Meetup for GenCon. Thanks!

Posted by boc_mage

Lot's of open gaming and scheduling ahead is nice. I volunteer and live in the dungeon during con so i tend to do more random gaming on Wed and Sun night/monday morning before leaving for home.

Posted by rbree

Hit send and content disappeared.  Any way-  Derek is asking groups to ad more games if the can so another Firefly game could pop up.  Also the is an event called Games on Demand where you can go in and choose from a menu of available RPG's depending on who's gming at the time.  They've offered firefly in the past but not sure if it will be on the menue this year.  You could always contact them directly and ask.   Here's the website- http://www.indiegamesondemand.org/

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.