Possiblity of Using Generics for AEG Big Game Night?
Posted by schra1cm

So I missed out on getting a ticket for AEG's Big Game Night. Have any of you used generics to get in on the night of in previous years? I'm planning on looking for ticket drops leading up to the event but since it is popular I would like to consider a back up plan. 

Posted by kiyote

There is a substantial line that forms quite some time before the event is scheduled to start that is composed of generic ticket holders hoping for no-shows who have actual tickets.  Typically not a large number of them make it in, but it does happen.

Posted by cptmusket

I participated in Big Game Night in 2013 and 2014.  There was a seperate line for Generics and a decent number got in. 

Last year we weren't able to get actual tickets so we went for generics about an hour before the event started.  An AEG rep said they would be letting in no generics that year.

Posted by armadilloal

Is there a cutoff for getting in with an actual ticket?  I ended up with tickets to both BGM and an adjoining event and am trying to figure out if I have some sort of leeway or how early I will need to duck out from the other event.

Posted by schra1cm

Okay. Then I will watch for actual ticket returns. If not, plan on showing up super early to get in the generic line. Thanks for the replies :)

Posted by cptmusket

Like I mentioned before, check with AEG staff there before buying generics.  They did NOT allow generics in last year.  I had asked an hour before the event started and this is what I was told.  We had purchased the generics ahead of time.  They served as a nice down payment on this years badge.

Posted by schra1cm cptmusket

cptmusket wrote:
Like I mentioned before, check with AEG staff there before buying generics.  They did NOT allow generics in last year.  I had asked an hour before the event started and this is what I was told.  We had purchased the generics ahead of time.  They served as a nice down payment on this years badge.
That is a really good point. I will follow up on this before I purchase generics. Thanks :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.