Eclipse Phase and other sold out events: questions/suggestions
Posted by erithtotl

So its been years since I've been to GenCon.  I foolishly didn't realize how EVERYTHING basically is sold out a month before the con, so thats a little depressing.  

For example, having owned the books for awhile I wanted to get in an Eclipse Phase game.  There are like 30 events and every one is completely sold out.  The majority of Shadowrun events are also completely sold out as well.

Is it worth getting generics and hoping for no shows?  Do new events open up?  Do tickets ever open late or is this pretty much it?  I guess people can't 'return or cancel' tickets to events?

Posted by alans erithtotl

erithtotl wrote:
So its been years since I've been to GenCon.  I foolishly didn't realize how EVERYTHING basically is sold out a month before the con, so thats a little depressing.  
For example, having owned the books for awhile I wanted to get in an Eclipse Phase game.  There are like 30 events and every one is completely sold out.  The majority of Shadowrun events are also completely sold out as well.
Is it worth getting generics and hoping for no shows?  Do new events open up?  Do tickets ever open late or is this pretty much it?  I guess people can't 'return or cancel' tickets to events?

Generics?  Yes, there is another thread about this here on the forums...Apparently the "average" no-show rate is about 20% .  Also, some GMs factor walk-ups into their plans and will run more players.
New Events? Yes.  Even though prereg is over, new events will be added almost up to the Con, and you can still get tickets, but can only pick them up at Will Call
Return/Cancel?  Again, with prereg being over, tickets can only be turned in at the Con, now.  People will do that, and some no-show.

Good Luck! Hope you get into your games!

Posted by braewe

If you enjoy Shadowrun and are into the events run by Catalyst I HIGHLY recommend showing up with generics. They actively try to fit anyone who wants to play Shadowrun into a game--and even have 'floating' gm's for when the demand is highest. This isn't a guarantee, not like NASCRAG, but they do try their darndest to get folks in. The swag for gm'ing isn't bad either, if you ever consider giving it a shot--last year we got dice, a rolling duffel bag, tshirt, bowling shirt, pin, badge holder and some other odds and ends.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.