The Stink
Posted by mikepmarkey

This is the first time I've been able to get a ticket for the Stink.  What should I expect?

Posted by austicke

I'll let others answer your question; but, FYI, you can still get into the Stink even without a ticket. I'm not aware of anyone being turned away. (But ticket holders get in first.)

Posted by aklevah

Not on the planning committee, but based on past years I would expect:  Some SWAG, Some displays from gaming groups, some side games including the ice breaker "passport" game, a cash bar if you want, and the ability to mix and mingle.  It is in a cool setting, the grand hall at Union Station (feel free to admire the architectural details). 

To be honest the Stink is generally what one makes of it.  It is a general meet up / mixer.  People who have been going for years will meet up with their Gen Con posse and reconnect.  As it has become a general ticketed event, those groups tend to stick to themselves; so peoples' millage on it being a useful meet up may vary depending on your going alone, with a group, or meeting up with others you already know from the internet / prior years at the con. 

Go, get some SWAG, meet a few people, maybe play a quick filer or micro game with some, then head out if you have other things to do - I recommend the Stink followed by Georgia Street Beer Tapping by Sun King. 

Posted by mikepmarkey

Thanks!

Posted by braewe

That is it in a nutshell, in case you wanted someone else's view. It does make for a great meetup area...people have already flown in, checked in, driven in, badge pickup, program book in hand. You can chill, play a game, or just wander with the passport game, which usually has some hard to find options.

Posted by gwarman

Where do I get the printout to bring with?    I got it one year than kept forgetting about it for the last bunch.  

Posted by austicke gwarman

gwarman wrote:Where do I get the printout to bring with?

Link

Posted by gwarman austicke

austicke wrote:

Link
I did not think to look on facebook. 

Posted by austicke

All the best Gen Con groups are on Facebook. :)

Posted by helenbb austicke

austicke wrote:

Link

I'm not seeing the printout, just a memberlist?

Posted by austicke helenbb

helenbb wrote:
austicke wrote:

Link

I'm not seeing the printout, just a memberlist?

The link works for me. Perhaps not on mobile? Sorry.

Posted by lanefan

For those of us who avoid facebook like the plague, is there any other way to get at the printout?

Posted by austicke lanefan

lanefan wrote:For those of us who avoid facebook like the plague, is there any other way to get at the printout?

Here you go. Let's cut out the middle man....

Posted by helenbb lanefan

lanefan wrote:
For those of us who avoid facebook like the plague, is there any other way to get at the printout?

And I think that was my problem... 

Thanks for posting it here directly!

Posted by lanefan

Seconded: thanks for posting it here!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.