Improv Fluxx Design cancelled?
Posted by jedikitty

Does anyone know why Improv Fluxx Design with Looney Labs was cancelled and if it will be rescheduled?

(I hadn't signed up yet, so if there was an email sent out, I wouldn't have received one)

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes it was cancelled yesterday at the request of the event organizer, based on the limited number of tickets sold.  Those who had bought a ticket were notified. They may try again next year.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes it was cancelled yesterday at the request of the event organizer, based on the limited number of tickets sold.  Those who had bought a ticket were notified. They may try again next year.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by edward_49

Thats too bad.  We had 4 of those tickets, and were really looking forward to it.

It does seems like in cases like these the tickets should automatically get refunded, instead of us needing to get in line to do so.  I get that they are printed already, but I'm not sure what that matters.  It's not like the printed copied could be used somehow, could they?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, they absolutely could be.  Tickets can be used as generics for any other event.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by edward_49

Oh wow!  I never knew that!
Thanks!

Posted by helenbb

I didn't realize that either. We have 3 events that were cancelled on us, so a lot of 'generics' to use. 

Posted by bith marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Yes, they absolutely could be.  Tickets can be used as generics for any other event.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Isn't the caveat that other events aren't required to accept them still true?

Posted by austicke bith

saburch wrote:
[/forums/16-events-2016/topics/1554-improv-fluxx-design-cancelled?page=1#14079ined] marimaccadmin wrote:[/url]Yes, they absolutely could be.  Tickets can be used as generics for any other event.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Why would an event turn someone away if they have room?

Posted by bith austicke

austicke wrote:
saburch wrote:
[/forums/16-events-2016/topics/1554-improv-fluxx-design-cancelled?page=1#14080ined] marimaccadmin wrote:[/url]Yes, they absolutely could be.  Tickets can be used as generics for any other event.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Why would an event turn someone away if they have room?

Mostly I think it would happen because they don't believe that other tickets can be used as generics.  It seems to be a very unadvertised program.

Posted by marimaccadmin

It's pretty clearly stated in the Event Host Policy:

Generic tickets can be accepted if your event has not sold out or any of your registered players have not shown up. You are responsible for collecting the correct number of generic tickets from each player to cover the cost of the event. If you do not, that player will not count towards your event. See the Reimbursement section for more information.

You can accept tickets for a different event as if they were an equal value of generics. Do not exchange for generics and do not give “change.” An expensive ticket may be used to cover multiple players. Record these as “other” tickets on the event ticket envelope, counting them as an equal value of generics. Players with actual tickets to the event always have priority – their seats are guaranteed.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.