Favorite in-game moment of GenCon 2016
Posted by lore seeker

Whatever our specific interests are, I think it's safe to say that most of us come to GenCon to game, whether it's in the form of RPGs, tabletop miniature wargames, board games, video games, or something else I'm forgetting.

So what was your favorite in-game moment this GenCon?

Posted by remnant

RPG:  World of Dew (pretty cool system it's on RPGdrivethru) - spinning the tale to the Yakuza boss I owed money to that the woman that died drank the tea meant for him.  Mass combat ensued.

Board/Card game:  Demoing Vault Wars, love a good bluffing bidding game.  Your money is out in the open so you can get people to overbid on certain things so you can get better dealer later on in the round or make someone overpay for vaults they really want.  Fun game of reading people, bluffing, and scheming.  Came out last year so I'll bring it out for the next Board game night our gaming group does for a short game.

Posted by bryanjonker

This was during a Firefly game I ran -- it was during a fancy dinner and there were some shenanigans happening in a corner. One of the PC (a Companion) had "Distracting Presence" or whatever it's called -- she could spend a plot point to be a distraction. She said she was going to recite some poetry, and she actually came up with some haiku-like poetry on the spot. She spent downtime writing more poetry to recite it for the next distraction. Other players gave her plot points from their stash -- it was very in-character. Both Firefly games had great players who really got into their roles. 

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

"Furry Ninja Pirate Victoriana Space Opera Steampunk with Robots and Magic"
RPG, using QAGS, where I'm a mechanical servant on one spaceship trying to tell our easily distracted First Mate on the OTHER spaceship to get the cannons ready to fire.
It doesn't go well, breaks down into Charades, and winds up being the cause of our First Mate's distraction.
*face palm*

Posted by raidkillsbugsded

When the group in the time/dimension travel game I was running "time jumped" while holding onto Lemmy, bringing him with them on the final "jump" of their scenario (onstage in front of a live studio audience in 2054)...Lemmy lives!

Posted by aaronmlopez

I was in a D&D game where a rogue tried to make this extremely daring parkour move to get up to a low building roof... rolled a 1... *SMACK* right into the wall... The GM thought it was so funny that he made one of the NPCs we were battling also get confused and distracted by it!! Great game!

Posted by helenbb

In NASCRAG, when we were using a crocodile to help us attack a pirate ship, and one of our party members used a wind spell plus 'pixies dust' to make it fly. We dubbed this the 'croc-nado'. *grin*

Needless to say, it worked out extremely well for us.

Posted by jmiller1138

Playing D&D, approaching a beholder.  My brother the halfling fighter and me the half-orc monk...

Fighter: maybe we should try talking to him.
Monk: how?  He doesn't have ears, he's just a big eye.
Fighter: use sign language?
Monk: you want me to talk with my hands?  I can do that.
*punches beholder in the eye*

Posted by lore seeker jmiller1138

jmiller1138 wrote:
Playing D&D, approaching a beholder.  My brother the halfling fighter and me the half-orc monk...
Fighter: maybe we should try talking to him.
Monk: how?  He doesn't have ears, he's just a big eye.
Fighter: use sign language?
Monk: you want me to talk with my hands?  I can do that.
*punches beholder in the eye*

Anytime you can pull off a pre-ass kicking one-liner in-game is an awesome moment :)

Personally though, whenever I try it I always end up jinxing the actual roll.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.