Any Actors Out There?
Posted by ifdirector

I'm looking at assembling a cast for She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen to perform (pending event acceptance) at GenCon. The casting and rehearsals would be via hangouts and then dress rehearsal on site.

Are there folks out there that would be interested in performing as characters or monsters?

While I'm at it, would folks be interested in seeing a play set in 1995 where the main character tries to learn about her deceased sister via a module her sister wrote?

Posted by aleina1313

I'd be interested in acting! Do you have any logistics planned out yet (i.e. is it going to be a full production with costumes, props, and sets provided) or is this still just in the tentative stage?

Posted by ifdirector

It will be a full production sans elaborate set. I'm currently producing a run. So I'll have all the sound effects, costumes, weapons and other props from that run.

I'm unsure whether any of the original cast will be coming to gencon. So I thought it might be interesting to work with people planning to attend.

It would be a single performance and the goal would be to have a dress rehearsal prior and bring all the cast together.

Posted by aleina1313

This sounds fantastic! I've not seen it live, but I've read the play and would love to be a part of it. Definitely count me in if they accept the event! Let me know if you need anything from me (e.g. resume, photo, etc.).

Posted by ifdirector

Once we have more certainty on whether the event has a space, then I'll be sure to post more details.

Posted by nolan.rice

I would love to audition for this! I saw the play at Illinois Theatre Fest this year, and it was one of the best shows I saw there. Is there any more information on auditions yet?

Posted by nolan.rice

Posted by tdb

I'm not sure about playing a role, but I'd definitely be interested in seeing a production of it.

Posted by ifdirector

Still waiting to hear whether the event is accepted. If it is, I'll be announcing auditions and details. Here is one of the reviews from the production we just finished.
http://lansingcitypulse.com/article-12925-Fun-and-games.html

Posted by gushon

Sounds awesome. I'm an actor but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with rehearsing only online expect for dress, but nevertheless, I would love to come see it!

Posted by ifdirector

Looks like we're a go for the show!

At this point, we may be bringing the cast from my recent production in Lansing. But I'll let folks know if any roles remain open.

Tentatively, we will be in the Westin on Friday from 7-9.

Posted by allisoninflux

Nice! I look forward to seeing it (or being involved).

Posted by aleina1313

Fantastic news! I agree, would love to be in it if you have any roles, but am definitely looking forward to seeing it :)

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.