WAG Event List for 2016
Posted by weidster

Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I am posting the events that WAG has posted so far.  Feel free to continue the "Pimp Your Events" trend because I for one cannot wait until May to read about all the cool stuff coming to Gen Con this year!

I have officially submitted the following events to Gen Con 2016.  Hope to see you there! Ryan 

1)      1970’s Marvel Universe:  Annhilus?  Get Your Gun! (DC Heroes)Shooting Star, finds love and adventure with Texas Twister, during an alien invasion of Texas in this scenario very loosely based on Annie, Get Your Gun! Anything you can do, I can do better! Thursday at 12:00 pm (4 hours) 

Famed sharpshooter, Shooting Star, finds love and adventure with rodeo rival, Texas Twister, during an alien invasion of Texas in this scenario very loosely based on the origin of the Southwest super team, the Rangers.  Anything you can do, I can do better!  Play the game and then take the adventure home. Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes. Players will assume the roles of Shooting Star, Texas Twister, Red Wolf, Phantom Rider and the Armadillo.  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, Firebird. 

2)      Classical Cthulhu:  My Fear Lady: (Call of Cthulhu)A snobbish phonetics professor wagers that he can take a flower girl and make her presentable in high society, but what does it take to fit into a society that has succumbed to dark forces?  Thursday at 6:00 pm (four hours) 

A misogynist and snobbish phonetics professor agrees to a wager that he can take a flower girl and make her presentable in high society, but what does it take to fit into a society that has succumbed to dark forces?  Why can’t the English learn to speak?  Play the game and then take the adventure home. Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes. Players will assume the roles of Professor Henry Higgins, Colonel Hugh Pickering, and Alfie and Eliza Doolittle.  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, Freddie Eynsford-Hill. 

3)      Justice League, Year One:  Little Orphan Oliver (DC Heroes)The JLA discovers a plot to subvert teenage costumed adventurers to criminal purposes. Can the JLA infiltrate and destroy this conspiracy from within as…the Teen Titans? It's a hard knock life! Friday at 12:00 pm (four hours) 

After returning from a prolonged mission in space, the Justice League returns to Earth and discovers a plot to subvert teenage costumed adventurers to criminal purposes.  Can the Justice League infiltrate and destroy this conspiracy from within as…the Teen Titans?  It’s a hard knock life!  Play the game and then take the adventure home. Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes.  Players will assume the roles of Aqualad (Aquaman), Wonder Girl (Black Canary), Kid Flash (the Flash), Speedy (Green Lantern), and Robin (the Atom).  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, the Martian Manhunter (Beast Boy). 

4)      Classical Cthulhu:  Wicker Man, the Musical (Call of Cthulhu)The pagans of Summerisle have prospered for generations until one year the crops suffer from blight. We've got trouble! Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with D, and that stands for Dagon! Friday at 6:00 pm (four hours) 

The Dagon worshipping pagans of fertile Summerisle have prospered for generations until one year the crops suffer from blight.  The fast talking Lord Summerisle suggests a solution to their dilemma, manipulating and sacrificing a Christian policeman!  I say, we have trouble, right here on Summerisle, trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with D and that stands for Dagon!  Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes.  Players will assume the roles of Willow (the innkeeper’s daughter), Miss Rose (the schoolteacher), Alder (the innkeeper) and Oak (the hulking blacksmith).  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, Iris (the librarian). 

5)      The Big Bang Theory:  Wil Wheaton’s Excellent Lost Boy Adventure (DC Heroes)The Big Bang gang role play with Wil Wheaton, featuring a mash up between several of the latter’s favorite 1980’s movies, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Lost Boys. Do you… want to… play? Saturday at 12:00 pm (four hours) 

The cast of the Big Bang Theory participate in a role playing event hosted by Wil Wheaton, featuring a mash up between several of the latter’s favorite 1980’s movies, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Lost Boys.  Do you… want to… play?  Play the game and then take the adventure home. Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes.   Players will assume the roles of Dr. Leonard Hofstadter (as Dr. Sigmund Freud or Freud Dude), Dr. Sheldon Cooper (as President Abraham Lincoln), Dr. Raj Koothrappali (as Temujin or Genghis Khan or Bob Genghis Khan), Howard Wolowitz (as William Bonney, or Billy the Kid or Mr. The Kid) and Penny (as Joan of Arc, the Virgin Maid of Orleans…huh?).  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, Stuart Bloom (as Socrates or So Crates, or Ludwig Von Beethoven or Napoleon Bonaparte depending on how many of his characters die in soul crushing ways). 

6)      Chess:  The Continuing Story of the Frightful Four (Marvel Super Heroes)The Frightful Four seek redemption through an international chess competition. Nobody is on nobody’s side! Sunday at 12:00 pm (four hours) 

The Silver Age origin story of the Frightful Four explains how these characters were just misunderstood and maligned after saving the world from certain destruction.  Now, the Frightful Four seek redemption through an international chess competition. Nobody is on nobody’s side!  Players will be provided with electronic copies of the character sheets and scenario notes.  Players will assume the roles of Bentley Whitman (The Wingless Wizard), Peter Petruski (The Trapster), Max Dillon (Electro) and Flint Marko (Sandman).  Always an extra character for those with a handful of generics and a dream, in this case, Madame Medusa (suffering from comic book amnesia). 

Posted by weidster

Posted by rutherfordr

The cast of the Big Bang Theory participate in a role playing event hosted by Wil Wheaton

Does this mean that you have Wil Wheaton running this event at GenCon, or is he one of the characters that you can play?

Posted by weidster

Neither.  Wil Wheaton is an NPC.

Posted by remnant

But you play player characters playing a game with player characters?

Posted by weidster

That would be correct.  Players will assume the role of the historical figures plucked out of time by Bill & Ted as they would be "played" by the cast of the Big Bang Theory.  It's a meta-gaming concept; I ran something similar a few years at Gen Con and Origins Game Fair called The Big Bang Theory:  Process of Oz-Mosis wherein the characters assumed the role of The Big Bang Theory cast members who found themselves in a dream sequence with a Wizard of Oz theme.  Leonard as the Scarecrow, Sheldon as the Tin Man (of course!), Raj (the Cowardly Lion), Penny (Dorothy) and Howard (as the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, or Dub Dub).  That one was a big hit and I decided to do something similar this year.  By the way, the more I worked on the Wizard of Oz incaration of the Big Bang cast, the more convinced I became that the writers of the show had something similar in mind.  Leonard, the straw man who overthinks every situation.  Sheldon, the man of tin, supposedly has no heart but is actually quite sentimental.  Raj who is quite the "dandy lion", Howard who has terrible fashion sense and does stage magic and Penny the Midwestern girl with an obsession for shoes...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.