Psst!  Hey buddy. Listen up. 

Big changes coming for NASCRAG in 2017

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv3p7h5ggrvojye/Igniyos.jpeg?dl=0[/img]

Posted by nascragman

Sigh.  3017.  I see it now.  serves me right for trying to do this on my phone

Posted by austicke

Planning ahead is always good.

Posted by bith

I for one hope those changes involve time travel, and we can experience them next year! :).

Posted by helenbb

Curious to hear about these big changes, even if they won't be coming for 1000 years.... ;)

Posted by nascragman

We love our players at NASCRAG.  We really do. We've said it many times but we do what we do because you folks are so much (darn) fun. 

We've heard from more than a few of you that the 9 pm slots are just too late. And Wednesday's are crazy for us.  5 pm - 1 am straight through!

So to fix this we thought "why not just run at 1 pm and 7 pm every day?"  The naysayers shouted ( as naysayers often do) "But then we could eat dinner!"  "And we'd be getting too much sleep!"  In the end we decided if it made the players happy it would make us happy too. 

From now on NASCRAG will run it's events at 1 pm and 7 pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Saturday 7 pm would be the Tournament finale only).

Another concern we've heard is that it's hard to fill out a full team of six players. To help there, we will be setting up a Slack site for our players. You can use it to build teams or plan strategy or exchange recipes.  Just contact us on Gmail ( NASCRAG or NascragMan ) and we'll send you an invite. 

If you aren't familiar with Slack it's like IRC chat buy optimized for cell phones and with lots of nice bells and whistles.

Posted by nascragman

A few folks have floated the idea of a 9 am slot.  It would probably just be a table or two.  What do you think?

Posted by knuteski

Personally, I like the late night games.

I still fondly remember my first Nascrag event back in the Zef (Fez???) days and the Mecca closing at midnight.  So, because we started late, we packed everything up and heading to our DM's room to finish the adventure. 

Of course, like most kids (my buddy and I were like 14 or so) we over thought things (it was the murder mystery one) and blamed the wrong killer.  I still remember the voice of that parrot (was it a parrot) when we picked the wrong person.  DOH!  But, playing late has always been my favorite thing to do at the Con.

(Nascragman - What year was that?...89?)

Posted by nascragman

1989 Bishop's Game is correct. I believe it was the Duke's magical staff that was presented with the final yes/no question. 

Interesting note, there was concern about cheating that year (or at least overhearing) so there were two versions of that mystery each with a different murderer. 

Posted by knuteski

Well, our team had no excuse, all signs pointed to 1 guy being the killer yet we (as 14 year olds) thought we were smarter and "knew" he was being set up.  LOL.  

Thanks for confirming the year.

Posted by helenbb

I would love a 9 am time slot! But then, unlike most gamers, I am a morning person.

Posted by ladyimm

9 pm really was too late for me... my brain starts to shut down around then... :p

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.