D&D moving to Hyatt
Posted by unsoundergnome

BMG is saying they will be moving the D&D games to the Regency Ballroom in the Hyatt.  I guess they will keep the delves in Hall D though.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Wavester.  It'll be odd to not have D&D in the ICC, but I think it's a good move.  My cousin had her wedding reception in the Regency Ballroom and if I remember correctly it had carpeted floors, which I think will be a huge factor in keeping noise under control.  http://baldmangames.com/2016/03/summer-shows-march-update/

Posted by onelittlemoment

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the main reason for moving to the Hyatt was the noise factor. Most of the Baldman DMs lost their voices by Saturday last year due to the ambient noise in the hall. 

Posted by wavester

Everything is moving (at least that is the plan right now). It will be a little weird but at the end of the day it should be about the experience. Like we said we fully believe we can give a better experience to the players (and DM's) in a new quieter location.

Posted by kingemer

Maybe the Hyatt won't turn the lights off on hundreds of gamers:

https://twitter.com/r_littlefield/status/626984742001463296

Posted by brotherbock

You guys need to go old school for sound reduction...

You could go back even older school with the yellow curtains (no picture to be found online...)

Posted by solumar brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:

You could go back even older school with the yellow curtains (no picture to be found online...)
Is that Milwaukee RPGA area?  Old days indeed.  And it was across the street from the main convention area just like Hyatt is.  Everything old is new again.

Posted by brotherbock solumar

solumar wrote:
brotherbock wrote:

Is that Milwaukee RPGA area?  Old days indeed.  And it was across the street from the main convention area just like Hyatt is.  Everything old is new again.

Yep. There was more than just RPGA in there, but that was where the RPGA was, in the Arena. I know there are pictures of the old yellow curtains online, I've found them before, but couldn't located any quickly the other day--back when most of the RPG gaming was right in Mecca, next to the Exhibit Hall.

Apparently, those curtains are expensive to put up in Indy. I suspect Mecca as a convention space either had them or had good rates for them. I kinda miss gaming cubicles like that, kept you focused.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.