She Kills Monsters by Qui Nguyen
Posted by ifdirector

From one of the masters of Geek theatre comes a comedic romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games, She Kills Monsters tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio following the death of her teenage sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds Tilly’s Dungeons & Dragons notebook, however, she stumbles into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in the imaginary world that was Tilly’s refuge. In this high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90s pop culture, acclaimed young playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek and warrior within us all."tour de force filled with beholders, demons, elves and foul mouthed faeries.

Ixion is pleased to bring the cast from its near sold out run of this show to Indianapolis for one night only.

But don't take our word for it. Check out this review.

http://lansingcitypulse.com/article-12925-Fun-and-games.html

Posted by rutherfordr

Need more information:

When and where will this be held?

How much does it cost, and how do you buy tickets?

Posted by ifdirector

Currently slated for Friday night at the Westin 7-9. Will be available via the gencon ticketing process. $20.

Posted by nikki

This sounds very interesting.  I'm going to keep my Friday night open.

Posted by alukeman

This show is so good - I'm so glad it will be playing here!

Posted by ifdirector

The event is now in the listing. Be sure to add to your wishlist.://www.gencon.com/events/86038 

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Still on the fence about the show?

Here is another review.

http://www.encoremichigan.com/2016/03/she-kills-monsters-is-geek-dreamfest-at-the-ixion/

Posted by nikki

I have to say, we just saw this last night and it was really good!  Anyone who loves role playing can identify with some of the situations.  It's funny in ways that most of us have lived and yet has a very good storyline that packs a powerful punch here or there.  We didin't think we'd enjoy it near as much as we did.  The audience just laughed and laughed.  We're talking about going back to see it tonight because it was such a blast!

Posted by katurian

I just want to add I saw the original production of this show at The Flea in NYC and it is one of the funniest plays that hits you right in the feels. Anyone who loves geeks and games and the people we play with will love this show.

Not affiliated in anyway, just a huge fan of Qui's work and this show in particular. Highly recommend. 

Posted by ifdirector

Thanks for the positive vibes. We are definitely excited to be bringing this show to Indy.

Being set in 95 it also gives me a bit of nostalgia for when I was a younger gamer.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the event, which also includes links to the reviews and articles for the production.

https://www.facebook.com/events/238542669835464/?active_tab=posts

Posted by ifdirector

There's still a chance to check out this shamelessly geeky play. To entice you just a bit more, I'll post the BIOS of the cast and crew.

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

Posted by ifdirector

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.