Open Gaming Location Wednesday Needed
Posted by varagon

Can anyone recommend any spots for open gaming Wednesday evening?  

I'm planning on a small group of people for some miniature gaming so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

If you want to schedule it and let anyone show up, we can reserve a table for you in the Union Station.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by varagon

That would be great, but I'm demoing for one of the vendors and they are providing my badge / registration.  I don't have a way to sign up for, or create, events.

Thanks!

Posted by derekguder

You don't need a badge to submit events & you can always buy a badge now & request reimbursement once you get your GM badge assigned to you.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by keppy

I am also curious as to a location one can run an event Wednesday night.

I want to run an event for some friends who are not able to make any of my sessions.

Posted by derekguder

The only way we specifically reserve space is if you submit an event as normal. We don't have any explicit open gaming space on Wednesday or at any other point during the convention.

All Wednesday gaming is in the Union Station (outside of individual events that have secured space in a local business) and there is space there, so you head that way to try to find some space, but the best bet is to just submit an event and reserve a spot.

Basically: if you're going to plan to run a game, plan the whole thing.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by keppy

I did inquire about running a game through my group but we were told that the event would not count for ticket sales.

Posted by derekguder

That's not entirely accurate: it doesn't count toward badge or hotel credit because it's a free event, but that doesn't mean it can't have space reserved for it or let attendees get tickets and reserve their spot.

There are plenty of other Wednesday events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by parody

Wednesday events do not provide player-hours towards badges or rooms, true.  You can still run an event and get a reserved table.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.