D&D All Access at Level 1?
Posted by talgian

Looking at the D&D All Access events, it looks like you need at least a level 5 legal character. Am I reading that right? There's no way to start new characters and do the All Access?

Posted by tusic

I'm guessing Track A is a typo and should be 1-4.  Hopefully Baldman will address that.

Posted by wavester

There is no D&D eXPerience tracks for levels 1-4 (and All Access no longer exists).

The program is now reimaged as a premiere D&D Adventures League experience. We have completely revamped how we are tackling it after going through hundreds of feedback emails last year.

Part of that feedback was the desire for more content in the 5-10 and 11-16 ranges. In previous years people often played in the 1-4 level track just because they could not get into the higher level tracks during registration. We listened to that feedback and adjusted the tracks accordingly. Getting to level 5 took so little time that people didn't want to continuously do it over with another new character.

So if you're character is not 5th level yet then roll some dice and play some more D&D. There are 3 months until Gen Con and countless games to be played (and even if your area doesn't run a lot, or any, AL you could get a local group to run through the published adventures or even find some online games).

Dave C
BMG

Posted by aehrlon

Dave C,  Aside for the exclusivity, same DM and same players in a separated gaming space and unique content.... is there any Adventures League swag or anything else that comes with signing up for one of these events (such as Printed out Magic Item Certificates)?  I'm seriously considering shooting for a spot but $150 for the event is a little steep; $900 for a 6 player table: what does that get a player aside from what I mentioned?   Don't get me wrong, I plan to spend my fair share of coin @ GenCon as this is my first time going in over 30 years of playing D&D.  Just wanted to see if there is anything else given out to those who shell out that much dough. 
--Also, will any of your DMs be using miniatures/battlemats?  I'm a big fan of doing this for combats.
Thanks!

Posted by talgian

That makes a lot of sense Dave. Thanks for the explanation!

Posted by wavester

All D&D events at Gen Con will have printed out certs for magic items until we run out (D&D eXPerience events are guaranteed to not run out). There will also be an exclusive Trading Post for DDXP members only as well which will take place within the DDXP space. 

Once you are registered you will also receive a link to the pre-show information boards. This is where we will communicate updates to registered players and will also have staff helping pre-muster tables to DM's before the show. So you can meet those you are playing with (if you are not a full table), meet your DM, and work out those details ahead of time. This way if you really wants mini's we can make sure to hook you up with a DM that does that. If you love theater of the mind then once again we will do our best to make sure you are with like minded players and a DM.

Dave C
BMG 

Posted by aehrlon

What, so no Souvenir T-shirt or commemorative mug?? Heheh, I'll live; it definitely sounds cool... I guess I was hoping for some swag.  Thanks for the info, Dave.  I'm looking forward to the D&D eXPerience!  I really should DM as part of that event, I've been at it for 32 years...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.