Dark Sun Arenas: Glory and Blood
Posted by lemauxjw

Back in 2010, there was a D&D event called Dark Sun Arenas: Glory and Blood.  It involved a party of six characters working through a number of different arena events with the goal being to defeat all seven of the events.  While there was a nice cloth map of the Dark Sun world as a prize, the game itself was awesome. 

Does anyone know of anything like this being offered this year?  No prize even needed - just the overall idea was a lot of fun.  My group oftens wishes someone would host something like this, but we haven't seen anything like it in the 5 years since.

Baldman - any interest in running something like this in 2017?

Posted by wavester

While we are looking at brining back the old 'Delve' style events it will of course not be this year. With all the other changes, we have bitten off our full share for this year. We will shake loose the bugs and maybe look at doing it next year.

Part of the problem is while you do not need a prize many expect it (they want to beat it, earn some tokens, and turn them in for prizes) and the really big problem. The line. Space at Gen Con is nuts. Space at Gen Con is nuts and expensive. Having a space for 50-60 people to basically stand in line and rotate through for 15-16 hours a day will take some work. Both of those are fixable and doable goals. So we will see how the new space works, checkout the space around us that we might be able to invade and take over, and see what 2017 brings.

Posted by yog-sothoth in jersey

I never heard of it, but it sounds good to me!

Posted by nesbit37 wavester

wavester wrote:
While we are looking at brining back the old 'Delve' style events it will of course not be this year. With all the other changes, we have bitten off our full share for this year. We will shake loose the bugs and maybe look at doing it next year.

That would be great.  One of the best experiences I had at Gen Con was playing in the 2012 D&D Championship which was essentially a Delve type challenge.  My group didn't really know what we were doing as it was a much different way to play D&D (and it also fit 4e's style very well) but it was a blast!

Posted by lemauxjw

Thanks everyone. A delve in 2017 would be awesome. 

Is the championship usually a delve like event?  Not as familiar with these events, but something more combat heavy story light min max would be fun as a one off for gencon. 

Posted by lemauxjw

Posted by derekguder

If it's the event I'm thinking of, I wrote some of that. It was very cool, but it was tied to the release of Dark Sun itself. It would be cool to see an independent group support the setting again, like Greyhawk Reborn has done.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.