5E D&D Players Logistics thread
Posted by aehrlon

I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone would want to try to organize some groups ahead of time for some of the D&D events @ GenCon... to have some sort of continuity between connected story arcs.  An example: I'm going to be playing HILL 1-1 Arrival @ 12 Noon on Thurs, Part 2 Thurs 6PM to 10PM, etc.(Tier 2; Character Levels 5-10).  I have a LV5 Dwarf Rogue.  I would like to group up with a Fighter, Arcane Caster, a Healer of some sort.  That's just an example but you get the idea.  I've never been to GenCon but I assume that there is some mustering done before play starts...  Please chime in if this interests you or you have other thoughts.

Posted by aehrlon

Hmm, no love.  Ah well, was worth a try...

Posted by derekguder

You might have more success once folks know what events they were able to get tickets for.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by zyphlin

I think it's a decent idea, but probably need to wait until everyone see's what things they get into

Posted by aehrlon

OK, now that I have some tickets, putting this out there for my brother & sister D&D players; hoping for players & a DM who will be using miniatures (I can provide for all):
 RPGA1697347 (HILL 1-1 Arrival) on          Fri at 08:00 AM
 RPGA1697359  (HILL 1-2 Exodus) on        Fri at 12:00 PM
 RPGA1697371 (HILL 1-3 Resurgance) on  Fri at 05:00 PM

RPGA1697261 (CORE 2-1 Tales of Good & Evil) on Sat at    08:00 AM
 RPGA1697327 (CORE 2-2 Songs of Law & Chaos) on Sat at 12:00 PM
 RPGA1697339 (CORE 2-3 Edicts of Neutrality) on Sat at     05:00 PM

Anyone interested in grouping up and playing through either of these, specifically the Saturday game as it's in order?  I have 4 Legal AL Characters that I can use... leaning toward my LV5 Human Ranger who is a Dual-Wielding fighter, Hunter, Folk Hero background.  I also have a LV5 Elf Rogue, a Dwarf Rogue and a Human fighter... and ample DM XPs from Running many AL games that I can probably make one more...

Posted by aehrlon

More mustering info can be found here:  http://forums.baldmangames.com/index.php?topic=78.msg292#new
Looking to group up with some fellow adventurers to maybe have the same group play through each of the adventure paths shown above...

Posted by aehrlon

Bump. Fellow D&D players, looking to group up for the above listed times on Friday & Saturday.  As tickets for the D&D eXPerience were sold out quickly, no reason we can't try to muster a group of players to run through these connected modules as a group... maybe get a similar experience...

Posted by billiam73

I'll jump in here, too.  My son and I are going to be playing the Hillsfar Trilogy on Saturday at Gen Con.  We will be on the following schedule:

RPGA1697351    HILL 1-1 Arrival
Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition
Sat at 8:00 AM for 4 hrs

RPGA1697364    HILL 1-2 Exodus
Sat at 5:00 PM for 4 hrs

RPGA1697376    HILL 1-3 Resurgance
Sat at 9:00 PM for 4 hrs

We're both more on the Roleplaying side of RPG, so it would be great to join up with some like-minded gamers to make a fun group.

Feel free to email or post here if you're interested!

Posted by aehrlon

Billiam, I've been keeping an eye out & was even going to see if I could change my events to join up with you guys as you sound like good people to game with.  No luck changing events thus far.  But I'll keep looking.  Hope you guys find some good folks to have a group with.

Posted by billiam73

Sounds great!  Here's hoping you can have some luck moving things around.

Posted by aehrlon

no luck moving things... though now a friend of mine is able to attend GenCon and will be hopefully able to group up with me...

Posted by tinkertanner

My friend and I could play on Friday at noon in Hill 1-2.

Posted by aehrlon

Sweet; what characters will you guys be playing?  Myself, I have  LV 9 Human Ranger I'm playing (Local Hero, Dual Wielder Hunter).  My pic is me but we can also link up via emails if you like.  thanks for the response.

Posted by teachamath

Due to being in both Track A and Track C I have a very weird schedule for Hillsfar adventures. Does this match up with anyone who'd like an ally. Hill 1 Thursday at noon, Hill 2 Friday at 8am, and Hill 3 Saturday at 5pm. 

Posted by tinkertanner

We can play several characters including a long range fighter, a polearm fighter, a ranged Rogue, two druids, a bard, two wizards, and a new DMxp character if needed.

I check the boards daily, so posting here should keep the communication open until closer to the convention.

Posted by aehrlon

Having a Rogue in the mix would be helpful; mainly for the skills but also for Combat... my Ranger wears heavy armor and is not so good at sneaking.  But he excels at being in the front-line when it comes to a fight.

Posted by tinkertanner

Aehrlon, would you prefer to meet in the DnD area in the Hyatt on Friday, or would you like to meet up before then?

Posted by aehrlon

Actually, not able to attend the con this year after all.  Have fun, though

Posted by tinkertanner

That sucks. I hope everything's alright.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.