Most Anticipated Games Don't have any events!
Posted by benncory

Several of the game I'm looking forward to the most don't have any events associated with them. Am I missing something? This will be our first GenCon. 

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/207593/most-anticipated-games-gencon-2016

Posted by mhayward1978

Probably not - to demo games that are not yet released you usually go to the publishers booth in the dealer hall.

You can try to search the event host list to see if the publisher themselves is offering any events.

Posted by soulcatcher78

Last year there was a high demand for Blood Rage (some copies were sold during the con) but there were no games listed since noone but the publisher had access to them.  If the games your interested in are being released shortly before (or during) the con you'll likely have to get a demo from the publisher.  Once you've bought it you'll likely be able to fill a table to play (this was my experience with Blood Rage last year).

Hoping to do the same this year with The Others: 7 Sins (fingers crossed for pre Gen Con delivery) and Lobotomy (long shot since it's unlikely to be here by then).

Posted by derekguder

Unfortunately, many new and hotly anticipated games don't have an event presence at the convention, over because there may not be enough copies available or the company may not have the resources (or personnel) to effectively run them.

If you're looking for something in particular, I would encourage you to contact either/both the publisher and/or a gaming group you particularly respect and encourage them to add some events for those particular games.

And on that note: if you're a company that has a hot game and aren't sure how to set up events, just email [email protected] or give me a call and I would be happy to chat through possible approaches with you.

We'll do our best to continue to accommodate late events as long as we have the space from them.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mystykal

Are some bigger companies behind in listing, or simply not attending this year. I keep looking for Cryptozoic games and finding noting.

Posted by rbree

Look on the dealer hall list to see if there coming.  Also a lot of companies merged last year so they may be under a different companies banner.  http://www.gencon.com/exhibit_hall_map   Cryptozoic seems to have 2 booths this year.

Posted by mhayward1978 mystykal

mystykal wrote:
 Are some bigger companies behind in listing, or simply not attending this year. I keep looking for Cryptozoic games and finding noting.

Many of the bigger publishers don't run games in the event schedule, but they do maintain a large presence on the show floor where they demo games on a first come first served basis.

Posted by mystykal

I went to Cryptozoics forums and they say they submitted many events and have no idea why there not in the system. Hoping they clear it up and I catch some as my son loves DC deck building games.

Posted by derekguder

They submitted events, but after the deadline and they will be processed with other late events.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by cerealkiller195

when is the anticipated second wave of events is there a certain day or do they naturally trickle in as they are processed? I know many companies did not get in the first wave.

Posted by derekguder

Late events trickle in as we update them. They aren't explicitly held back for a later release. I'm trying to make sure we get as much as possible live at least 2 weeks before the pre-reg deadline, but that's a vague timeline and the best I can provide.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mystykal

Thank you Derek for the information, as always you and your team do a great job.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.