Anyone familiar with the new Home2Suites hotel?
Posted by lore seeker

Has anyone here stayed at the new Home2Suites hotel? I know it's too new to have housed people for GenCon 2015, but maybe somebody here has stayed there on other business?

I'm just wondering because there aren't many reviews online, it being a new hotel, and while most of them are good, there are the few negative ones that have me a bit worried, like one on TripAdvisor that mentioned a broken AC unit (NOT something I want to deal with in an Indy summer).

Posted by marimaccadmin

It's extremely new, I think it opened about 3 months ago.  You're unlikely to find anyone here who has stayed there yet. It is a Hilton property, and it's a new "line" of theirs, so you may not even know anyone who's stayed at that line yet.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by eiffet

I'm just wondering if it is walkable at night (safety-wise)....we typically stay up after midnight playing werewolf and like to be in walking distance.  It's close to the Hilton Garden in.  I just got an in block room a few days ago at Home2.

Also, based on trip advisor reviews, it seems like getting breakfast there will be hard because of the size of the breakfast area...so we are planning to stock the room and not bother.

It is only about 6 minute walk to the City Market (away from Gencon) -- but we are looking forward to exploring that area and new restaurants.  

Posted by frinn

FWIW I would consider that safe.  Just two blocks off the circle, lots of late night restaurants. It is a bit out of the GenCon aura, but I would consider it just as safe as Staybridge Suites or comfort suites.  I would actually feel a bit better about it at 3 am, I think.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, I would feel safe walking to/from there.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by steffles marimaccadmin

frinn wrote:
FWIW I would consider that safe.  Just two blocks off the circle, lots of late night restaurants. It is a bit out of the GenCon aura, but I would consider it just as safe as Staybridge Suites or comfort suites.  I would actually feel a bit better about it at 3 am, I think.
marimaccadmin wrote:Yes, I would feel safe walking to/from there.
Marian McBrine
Great - thanks for feedback.  We are set on staying there and I no longer have to obsessively check housing.  It's nice to have a new experience with a new hotel - and if I ultimately don't feel safe walking at the wee hours...then we'll get an Uber.

Posted by deltafox65

I am a local and got a couple of friends reservations at the same hotel.  Out of curiosity I have actually went by the hotel to check it out.  Although I did not take a tour of the rooms per se the actual hotel looks wonderful.  Its no J.W. Marriot mind you but a great looking hotel.  The walk is a bit of a hike dependent on your level of fitness, but quite doable and safe.  Also on a side note I happen to be crashing there with my friends Thursday through Saturday and I am an avid werewolf player as well.  I would be more than happy to walk with your group at those late hours if you feel safety in numbers applies to your comfort level.  I feel more than comfortable and safe walking alone at those hours in the fine City of Indianapolis, but am more than happy to walk with others, being the sociable person I am.

Posted by steffles deltafox65

Thanks Delta.  From the website the place looks great and other than getting sweaty....the walk should be fine with our level of fitness:)  Thank you for the offer about walking - it sounds like Gencon is already getting off to the right start.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.