St. Elmo's Steakhouse
Posted by gswest

So who has a GenCon ritual of fiery shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's? I usually go on Wednesday night and then Sunday night.

Posted by rodoubleb

I was there in February for the first time.  I have been absolutely craving the cocktail ever since.  

Posted by gamenight

I picked up a bottle of the cocktail sauce last year for a friend. I hear that the shrimp cocktail is excellent. I think that I really need to try one this year.

Posted by studnougat

Ha!  We started doing that a couple years ago.  The steaks are good, but pricey.  So now we have a couple of cocktails, sit at the bar and enjoy the awesomeness of the shrimp cocktail.

Posted by jhs

Yup.  Thinking about it just recently.  One option is the lunch special at Harry and izzy's' next door--half order of shrimp cocktail and a sandwich.  Same food, a bit more casual and cheaper.

Posted by truelink

I've tried to have a St. Elmo's ritual, but have so far failed.

During my first year, my group went too early and had to either wait for St. Elmo's to open or eat at Harry and Izzy's next door. We ended up getting the Izzy Style New York strip.
We succeeded in my second year and had some fantastic filets and prime rib steaks.
Last year we ran out of money before we could build the tradition.

Posted by lmengsol

The food at Harry and Izzy's comes out of the same kitchen as St. Elmo's and the service was better and you didn't feel rushed. 

Posted by brotherbock truelink

lmengsol wrote:
The food at Harry and Izzy's comes out of the same kitchen as St. Elmo's and the service was better and you didn't feel rushed. 
truelink wrote:
I've tried to have a St. Elmo's ritual, but have so far failed.
During my first year, my group went too early and had to either wait for St. Elmo's to open or eat at Harry and Izzy's next door. We ended up getting the Izzy Style New York strip.
We succeeded in my second year and had some fantastic filets and prime rib steaks.
Last year we ran out of money before we could build the tradition.

They are by some reports doing the Lord's work in that kitchen.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.