SCREW EMBASSY SUITES
Posted by loki_tbc

My GenCon is off to a hellishly bad start.  

Embassy takes my deposit and then gives my damned room away.  Imagine my joy at hearing I have no room and watching the poor front desk girl try in vain to find me a room anywhere for an hour... 

Ended up at an Econolodge 30 minutes further away.  Seriously,  I should have just stayed home

•  I am not going to alter the original message, but please also read the update at the bottom. 

Posted by loki_tbc

It gets better!!  Their facebook response:

We have located your stay information. Please allow the hotel management team up to 3 business days for review and contact. Have a nice morning. Thank you. - John

Posted by malcore1976

Ugh, that's terrible.  Hopefully they will compensate you immensely.  Honestly I would demand it.

Posted by watchdog

I would call Hilton and raise hell.  You should get some kind of compensation for their screw-up.

Posted by daveculp

Did you get the room through the GenCon housing system?

Posted by loki_tbc

So I would like to post an update. After making this post, I decided to email the Manager. 

She called me in the morning, I apologize comma and made it up to me and more.   They they recovered very nicely from an unfortunate start. 

Posted by malcore1976

I hope they comped your stay for next year!  :)

Posted by gib_rebeg

This  doesn't surprise me Hilton in Milwaukee years ago used to overbook intentionally they expect some no shows they overbook to make sure that they have full rooms

Posted by garhkal gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:
This  doesn't surprise me Hilton in Milwaukee years ago used to overbook intentionally they expect some no shows they overbook to make sure that they have full rooms

I hate it when airlines do that.  I despise it even more when hotels do it..

Posted by dsalmeron garhkal

garhkal wrote:
gib_rebeg wrote:

Yeah, my trip back almost got messed up by American pushing my flight back by two hours.  Thankfully, I was able to get on an earlier flight on standby.

Posted by gib_rebeg garhkal

Hilton chains are about the worst pulling this,  especially for major events.  Part of why I will pass them up and book elsewhere.  I haven't had problems like this with mariott .

i feel sorry for the OP. Being sstuck atEccono lodge. wrote:

[/forums/17-travel-housing-and-dining-2016/topics/1654-screw-embassy-suites?page=1#15282ined] gib_rebeg wrote:[/url]

Hilt

Posted by technoir

I had a lot of problems with Embassy this last year, they charged multiple people's cards over 400 a piece beyond the charge they were supposed to put on. 
They didn't change our sheets, supply the correct amount of bedding, or give the right amount of towels on ANY day in accordance with the number of people we had documented to stay... frustrating 

Posted by hawkeye technoir

khadorstrong wrote:
I had a lot of problems with Embassy this last year, they charged multiple people's cards over 400 a piece beyond the charge they were supposed to put on. 
They didn't change our sheets, supply the correct amount of bedding, or give the right amount of towels on ANY day in accordance with the number of people we had documented to stay... frustrating 

We didn't have the issue with them charging extra, but did have the same issues with houskeeping. We also had a room where the A/C wasn't working right, it was always muggy and warm in our room.

Posted by monkeyknifefight technoir

khadorstrong wrote:

Did they actually charge $400 a piece extra or was that $400 simply put on hold until a few days after checkout? I frequently get large hold amounts from hotels, but it has no impact when using a credit card. People with debit cards need to be wary of this although most hotels have warnings about it.

Posted by illusio

The Embassy Suites is badly in need of a refresh. The rooms are dirty and things always seem to be broken. Our shower sucked and we always were standing in a pool of water. The room didn't get very cold either. 

Posted by technoir monkeyknifefight

monkeyknifefight wrote:
khadorstrong wrote:
Did they actually charge $400 a piece extra or was that $400 simply put on hold until a few days after checkout? I frequently get large hold amounts from hotels, but it has no impact when using a credit card. People with debit cards need to be wary of this although most hotels have warnings about it.
It was AFTER check out. 
3 of us were charged after the entire room was paid for 400 a piece. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.