I just want to get a clear understanding of the hotel wait list process, how it works, etc. If anything is wrong below, please correct me. And how did this work for people last year?
- Its my undertanding that there is no official "wait list" for hotel rooms. If you book a hotel room for one night but are missing other nights, the server will attempt to fill-in those nights as rooms become available.
- What if you only book a room for say, Tuesday night (the other nights were sold out). If space becomes available for Wed-Sun, will it attempt to fill those nights? Or will it only attempt to fill a night if you have say, a missing day in-between other booked days. Like you managed to get Thurs/Fri and Sunday, and it will attempt to give you a Saturday as they become available?
- If it works as described above, how does the process know that you DON'T want a particular night? Maybe you were leaving on Saturday and didn't want Sunday- will it attempt to book you a Sunday regardless?
- How does it allocate the rooms as they become available? What's the algorithm? Do you get priority based on the original lottery number? Or will it first attempt to fill single-day missing reservations, and go from there?
- If this is how the process worked last year, can anyone confirm that this DID work for them? Did anyone book a Tuesday and Wed night at a downtown hotel, and then wake up one morning to find a gift email that said they were allocated Thurs-Sunday?