OFFICIAL HOUSING PROBLEMS THREAD
(Pinned)
1 3
1 3
Posted by tomjscott

I've tried 3 different browsers now and the same result each time. When it is supposed to give the total amount I momentarily see USD where the total should be, but there is no amount and then it quickly vanishes and I'm stuck with no reservation.

Posted by tomjscott

I've tried a different computer now and still the same issue. I've e-mailed customer support also.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Tom,

Please keep in mind that no one is generally working on the weekend.  Yet and still, I'm somewhat unclear on your exact issue.  Reviewing your email though....are you saying that once you select your hotel of choice, and are taken to the page to specifically choose the type of room at your hotel, such as a standard double queen, or a standard double/double, and clicked on the "select" button for the specific type of hotel room, you cannot do that?  I'm just trying to make sure specifically where in the process the issue is, as I see your screenshots, but I don't see what happens after you hit "select" for a specific type of room at the hotel.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tomjscott

After I hit Select, I get nothing else. According to the video it's supposed to give me a total amount and then I'm supposed to hit Next to finish the process. But nothing happens after I click Select on the hotel of my choice. I see USD briefly where the total should go, but then it disappears and I get nothing else. Is there supposed to be something I do before the total amount and Next button will appear?

Posted by marimaccadmin

After you hit select on the hotel of your choice, or after you hit select on the room type at the hotel of your choice?  Because once you select that hotel, and I just tried it on your account, I get three different room type options, a standard double, a King Suite with pull out sofa, or a Queen Suite with pull out sofa.  Are you unable to select any of those three options and then hit the next button that should appear on the right hand side under the name of the hotel?  Or is it one specific room type that you cannot choose?  You do have to select a room type before a total and the next button would display, to be clear.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tomjscott

OK, So I see what the issue was. After I selected my hotel I really did not even realize there were options for room type. The refresh is so subtle going from selecting a list of hotels to suddenly being room types to choose from. I feel rather stupid, but I can honestly say I didn't see that it was asking me to choose a room type. I will proceed from there and see if I can complete the reservation. And thank you so much for the help.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Ok,

I'll delete your email to CS then, glad it worked out.

Marian McBrine 
Event Coordinator 
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tomjscott

I was able to complete the reservation. Sorry for the trouble.

Posted by alans

Fixed. Never mind.  :)

Posted by jethetford

I have a room that will be available at the Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South from Thursday July 4th through Sunday July 7th.  Total is $369 if someone needs a room and has a way to the convention center.  It is about 9 miles away.  Please let me know by Monday, June 26 if you want it so we can switch it over to your name.  

Thanks!

Posted by raineymiller

We almost did not have a place to sleep tonight (Aug 3) I reserved our rooms the day housing opened and reserved Aug 3-8 and received a confirmation email from gencon.

When we arrived today the hotel did not have us as arriving till tomorrow. Even though all of the other gen con reservations start on the 3rd.

The only reason we have somewhere to stay tonight is because the owner of the hotel gave us his room and is sleeping in the office of the hotel.

There was also others that ended up with similar type issues. Where the room was not reserved etc. I am questioning the communication between the gencon and hotels.

Posted by frzndaqiri

Drove 6 hours to find I also did not have a hotel. At this point I will not be using the GenCon booking system again and will make sure anyone I know avoids it.  Absolutely horrendous feeling - and I don't have to remind anyone how every hotel within miles is booked solid.

Also - as of the week of the convention how is it that the housing support line is not 24 hours??

Posted by raineymiller raineymiller

raineymiller wrote:
We almost did not have a place to sleep tonight (Aug 3) I reserved our rooms the day housing opened and reserved Aug 3-8 and received a confirmation email from gencon.
When we arrived today the hotel did not have us as arriving till tomorrow. Even though all of the other gen con reservations start on the 3rd.
The only reason we have somewhere to stay tonight is because the owner of the hotel gave us his room and is sleeping in the office of the hotel.
There was also others that ended up with similar type issues. Where the room was not reserved etc. I am questioning the communication between the gencon and hotels.
And we thought we were done with trouble, a continuation of this story

The next morning we were put in to our new room exactly what we had reserved. Went to the convention Thursday and then came back to sleep. Friday spent at the con and arrived back at the room at 9:30 Now the problem begins.....

We were locked out of the room and informed our stuff was removed and loaded on to a single cart stacked 4 ft high. (Costumes, suitcases, board games and all) Obviously they would know we were gen con from the contents of the room and why would we leave Friday?

They had done all of this with out a phone call or any other contact, AND THEY GAVE AWAY OUR ROOM! (We were told they tried to contact us but did not have our phone number)

We we were told it was gen cons mistake, but that was not true because of the problem we had before and the owner of the hotel telling us we were good till the 8th. It is now 11:30 we have been placed in a hotel that is considerably lower quality (not in the gen con block) Having a shadow run event at 8 am and having to go back to the hotel in the morning to resolve the issue. Plus us having to scan our card to pay for this new room until we can talk to higher up people. Totally frustrating and unacceptable. 

Posted by chrisheuer

I had a very odd issue this year. Through the Gen Con system I had a reservation at Springhill but I started getting e-mails about planning for my trip from Courtyard. I'm not sure how this happened but my Springhill reservation moved to Courtyard without my knowledge or consent. At least we still had a room...

Posted by glory raineymiller

raineymiller wrote:
raineymiller wrote:
And we thought we were done with trouble, a continuation of this storyThe next morning we were put in to our new room exactly what we had reserved. Went to the convention Thursday and then came back to sleep. Friday spent at the con and arrived back at the room at 9:30 Now the problem begins.....
We were locked out of the room and informed our stuff was removed and loaded on to a single cart stacked 4 ft high. (Costumes, suitcases, board games and all) Obviously they would know we were gen con from the contents of the room and why would we leave Friday?
They had done all of this with out a phone call or any other contact, AND THEY GAVE AWAY OUR ROOM! (We were told they tried to contact us but did not have our phone number)
We we were told it was gen cons mistake, but that was not true because of the problem we had before and the owner of the hotel telling us we were good till the 8th. It is now 11:30 we have been placed in a hotel that is considerably lower quality (not in the gen con block) Having a shadow run event at 8 am and having to go back to the hotel in the morning to resolve the issue. Plus us having to scan our card to pay for this new room until we can talk to higher up people. Totally frustrating and unacceptable. 

For everyone who had a screwed up reservation - What hotels were you booked at?

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3