Any experience with the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center?
Posted by urohawk

This is where we landed.  Tripadvisor reviews seem a bit sketchy.  Not sure what level of scrutiny the Q-rooms housing service uses to assure hotel quality.  In the free for all that is the housing registration, it is not like you have a ton of time to review hotel selections prior to purchase.  Just wondering what the experience is?

Posted by urohawk

Bump for any response?

Posted by glory urohawk

urohawk wrote:
This is where we landed.  Tripadvisor reviews seem a bit sketchy.  Not sure what level of scrutiny the Q-rooms housing service uses to assure hotel quality.  In the free for all that is the housing registration, it is not like you have a ton of time to review hotel selections prior to purchase.  Just wondering what the experience is?

I'm going to guess they don't use ANY service to assure quality. They are just a middle-man who facilitates the reservations. 

Posted by bluemax

Does it say where this hotel is?

Posted by marimaccadmin urohawk

urohawk wrote:

I've stayed there for a different convention, several times.

I'm going to be honest, it's not the Ritz.  It's not fancy.  That said, I'm not a fancy person.  I stayed there on a Sunday night when all the conventioneers left, and it was a little, I don't know, empty, sad, slightly sketchy? on that Sunday night, but when it was full of gamers, it was completely fine.  It's about the lowest quality of hotel I would stay at, but, if there were a convention there I wanted to go to, I would stay there again.  The rooms are large, they have fridges and microwaves, and there's a LOT of parking.  I never had any bedbug or other cleanliness trouble when I stayed there.  It's a pretty easy drive to downtown.  There's an indoor pool with hot tub, and there's a good many tables near the free breakfast area one could use to game.  It has free wifi.

All in all, I think it's a perfectly adequate hotel, at least that's the experience I had.  It has my personal 3 big wants in a hotel; free breakfast, free wifi, and a fridge.  Free parking is a bonus.  If you have any problems there, please do post them here, but I think you'll be fine.

I recommend going for dinner at "Sushi Club" only a few miles from there; all you can eat sushi for one price, and made to order.

Posted by bluemax

I would second Marimacadmin's comments. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.