California Pizza Kitchen out, Primanti Bros. in.
Posted by keithbradburn

Prepare for more change -- and sandwiches -- in the Circle Centre Mall, as Primanti Bros. is opening a shop this year. The Pittsburgh-based sandwich chain is scheduled to open in late fall 2016. It will replace California Pizza Kitchen, which  is near the intersection of Maryland and Illinois streets. The chain restaurant is known for sandwiches with coleslaw and french fries.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/more-circle-centre-movement-pizza-out-sandwiches-in

Posted by mrshiny

Wow CPK did not last long!  I remember getting a free meal there when they were testing just what, 2 years ago?

Posted by stevespikes

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/adam-richmans-best-sandwich-in-america/video/primanti-bros-cap-and-cheese

Posted by glory

Oh boo. I liked that place. It was a nice, quick sit down. 

Posted by tdb

My wife and I were kind of underwhelmed by CPK when we were there.  They were pretty pricey for what you got, and our service was rather slow.  Just goes to show how differently two people can perceive the same thing, I guess.  But I'm not surprised they're closing, if it was half empty during Gen Con it must have been a ghost town a lot of the time.

It's a pity the sandwich shop won't be ready for this year's con, though.

Posted by remnant

As someone close to the Pittsburgh area I can attest for Pri Bros Sammies, and I'm still a picky eater.

Posted by jobeth66 tdb

tdb wrote:
My wife and I were kind of underwhelmed by CPK when we were there.  They were pretty pricey for what you got, and our service was rather slow.  Just goes to show how differently two people can perceive the same thing, I guess.  But I'm not surprised they're closing, if it was half empty during Gen Con it must have been a ghost town a lot of the time.
It's a pity the sandwich shop won't be ready for this year's con, though.

Totally agreed on both counts.  We went to CPK one time last year, and there was /no one/ in the place,and our service was terrible. 

We ended up at Panera's at the Embassy Suites when we wanted quick/easy, they were consistently good.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.