Marriott Downtown Room Size?
Posted by thunderw

Has anyone stayed in a Double Full bed room with more than two people at the Marriott Downtown attached to the con center?  My roommate and I are thinking of picking up one to two roommates and wonder if there is enough floor room to put 1-2 single sized air mattresses.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Those rooms are very tight, and I would say on the small side as far as standard hotel rooms.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin

Those rooms are very tight, and I would say on the small side as far as standard hotel rooms.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by parody

We've stayed there with three on two beds and an air bed and it works fine.  We tip the air bed up during the day to make it easier to move around the room.

Posted by ryric

In years past my group has crammed up to 8 people in one of those Marriot Downtown rooms. Two in each bed, and two air mattresses with two people each. It was...tight. I don't really recommend it. There is room for two air beds, but they will use up the entire floor so hope no one has to go to the bathroom in the middle of everyone sleeping. We also tipped up the air beds for more space during awake time.

One of our people tried to sleep on the floor of the closet once. That didn't work out so well.

Posted by mattnaik ryric

ryric wrote:
In years past my group has crammed up to 8 people in one of those Marriot Downtown rooms. Two in each bed, and two air mattresses with two people each. It was...tight. I don't really recommend it. There is room for two air beds, but they will use up the entire floor so hope no one has to go to the bathroom in the middle of everyone sleeping. We also tipped up the air beds for more space during awake time.
One of our people tried to sleep on the floor of the closet once. That didn't work out so well.
That just sounds miserable.

We've had 2 twin air matresses in these rooms before. Twin size will fit nicely between the queen beds and another one between the window and the bed. As long as you are "friendly" it could sleep 5-6 with people sharing the double beds.

Keep in mind though that this is against fire code as the max occupancy of those rooms is 4.

Posted by thunderw

Thanks Everyone!

This is perfect.  Thats exactly what I needed to know.  I am simply looking to fit one additional person with a Twin Air Mattress.  Its nice to know I could get another one in there as well.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.