Anyone have any experience driving from Texas???
Posted by djanedi jishosan

jishosan wrote:
djanedi wrote:
I lived in DFW but now live outside Indy. Made that trip too many times to count as I traveled back to visit family. Ditto what everyone says. Take the OK/mo route.  Much easier drive. Be prepared for toll roads (worth it). Don't forget to allow for time change as you cross il-in boarder. 
Sure youll be in a hurry but try to make time to stop at a place called POPS In Arcadia,ok. Right outside OK city. Fun diner/place to stop and stretch your legs. It's a roadside attraction that displays/sells over 500 kinds of soda-pop (hence the name) good place for a snack/meal and nice way to break up trip. 

I'd like you to know that we are INDEED stopping at Pops, my son is tremendously excited, and if you have any requests for a favorite soda or two, let me know, and I'll meet you in Indy with a couple of delicious pops. :)
oh! That's so kind! I'm always up for trying new root beers! If you're able to meet up, that would be fun. Email me at [email protected]. Have a good trip. 

Posted by soulcatcher78

If you like off the wall sodas check out Rocket Fizz in Indy.  It's located on monument circle so not that far of a walk from the ICC.

Posted by jishosan djanedi

djanedi wrote:
jishosan wrote:
djanedi wrote:
I lived in DFW but now live outside Indy. Made that trip too many times to count as I traveled back to visit family. Ditto what everyone says. Take the OK/mo route.  Much easier drive. Be prepared for toll roads (worth it). Don't forget to allow for time change as you cross il-in boarder. 
Sure youll be in a hurry but try to make time to stop at a place called POPS In Arcadia,ok. Right outside OK city. Fun diner/place to stop and stretch your legs. It's a roadside attraction that displays/sells over 500 kinds of soda-pop (hence the name) good place for a snack/meal and nice way to break up trip. 

I'd like you to know that we are INDEED stopping at Pops, my son is tremendously excited, and if you have any requests for a favorite soda or two, let me know, and I'll meet you in Indy with a couple of delicious pops. :)
oh! That's so kind! I'm always up for trying new root beers! If you're able to meet up, that would be fun. Email me at [email protected]. Have a good trip. 

I e-mailed, but will also mention that I'm coming into town tomorrow, so I could always meet pre-con! I'm staying at the Sheraton @ Keystone Crossing. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.