Can I Remove Sunday Night from my Hotel Reservation?
Posted by hendelbolaf

I have put in for my reservation through the housing portal and it is for Wednesday night through Sunday night. However, we are driving and I am thinking about getting some miles in on Sunday after the con is over and wondered how I could go about making that change without either paying a fee or losing my potential reservation.

Thanks!

Posted by komoridarkclaw

You should be able to go into the housing portal and edit your parameters without issue. Hit modify, update the check-out date on the right, hit the find button, make sure your hotel is still available as a choice, choose that one, and away you go.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes it should be fine as long as you hvae the other nights; but, it's a lot of fun to stay over, take your time to pack, and get a good rest in. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by bushmaster

Is it possible to change the departure date at check-in or during the convention?

Posted by britbrit bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
Is it possible to change the departure date at check-in or during the convention?
You can, but usually if you do that you'll still have to pay for that night. 

Posted by bushmaster britbrit

Really?  That is a

britbrit wrote:
bushmaster wrote:
You can, but usually if you do that you'll still have to pay for that night. 

Really?  That is a racket with the hotel.  But hotels are not a customer friendly business enitiy.  I know, I have worked for them in the past.

Posted by britbrit

Guess depends on hotel. I would imagine last minute changes, more so during the busiest time of the year for them, you'd still have to pay. For you to suddenly cancel a night means they lose money on a night that could have been filled.
But never hurts to ask each hotel policy is different.

Posted by hendelbolaf

Thanks for the feedback!

I was able to View Reservation and then Modify to roll back a day and it did not cancel my reservation and I do not believe I have incurred any charges.

It looks like I would have incurred the $50 charge for cancelling the entire reservation and not just a single night. So it all worked out for the best!

Thanks!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.